Biomedical Science Major?

Harlem1210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior still in the college search process, and one of the school's I am really interested in, Marquette University, offers a major known as Biomedical Science. It is essentially a pre-health major that focuses on the science of the human body. I have never heard of any other school offering a pre-health major, so I have always just assumed I would major in something like Biochemistry. However, I think I would much rather enjoy studying Biomedical Science content than those other majors. I know that your premed major is not that important for medical school admission, but would studying somethings that aligns more with my interests trump the benefits of studying material relevant

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

to the MCAT, as well as material used in the early stages of medical school?

*Sorry I didn't finish the post, I accidentally bumped the create button.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Absolutely not, study what you're interested in! A major like Biomedical Science would most likely have classes that actually overlap with pre-med courses, so it's a very good choice. Regardless, studying something you're interested in can help you stay motivated to learn (which will probably keep your GPA up). Just be sure to take any pre-med courses that do not overlap with the Biomedical Science major.