Black commander in Chief

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Single Mom DDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Even though some of the members here are unwilling to accept the scenario but it looks like we're going to have a black commander in chief for the first time in the US military history. I was wondering who's ready and who's not ready for a black commnader in chief? Are we more likely to be involved in conflicts in Africa and get deployed to African countries (Somalia, Uganda....)? Is he really going to withdraw troops from Iraq and Afghanistan? Please voice your conerns or thoughts.

Single Mom DDS

Members don't see this ad.

Even though some of the members here are unwilling to accept the scenario but it looks like we're going to have a black commander in chief for the first time in the US military history. I was wondering who's ready and who's not ready for a black commnader in chief? Are we more likely to be involved in conflicts in Africa and get deployed to African countries (Somalia, Uganda....)? Is he really going to withdraw troops from Iraq and Afghanistan? Please voice your conerns or thoughts.

Single Mom DDS

I think that is a little racist to assume that just because someone is black, our focus is going to be on countries that are predominantly black.

Also remember that a President has to receive authority from Congress for certain actions and funding. More than likely it will come down to a Republican/Democrat partisan battle. Congress will be very hesitant to expand the scope of our military - especially given the feelings Americans have towards current conflicts.

Members don't see this ad :)
nice...but considering his radical associations and beliefs, us crackers could be in trouble.....once again.....i see why you are single.

Concerns: I for one am shocked that such an ignorant bigot (Single Mom DDS) got as far as you did.
Thought: Look past Senator Obama's (aka: Black Commander in Chief) skin color and look more closely at the issues.

Single Mom DDS

I'd love to see a Consdolezza Rice as President. She'd be wonderful. The bottom line is, skin color doesn't matter, IDEOLOGY DOES!

even though some of the members here are unwilling to accept the scenario but it looks like we're going to have a black commander in chief for the first time in the us military history. I was wondering who's ready and who's not ready for a black commnader in chief? Are we more likely to be involved in conflicts in africa and get deployed to african countries (somalia, uganda....)? Is he really going to withdraw troops from iraq and afghanistan? Please voice your conerns or thoughts.

Single mom dds

are you serious???

Concerns: I for one am shocked that such an ignorant bigot (Single Mom DDS) got as far as you did.

Please don't start a flame war here. I hope you are intelligent enough to discuss/express your thoughts without falsely accusing someone of being a bigot. What make me a bigot precisely?

Everybody loves "Single Mom DDS"

Last edited:
I smell a troll.

You seriously need to have your 1st cranial nerve (the Olfactory nerve) examed. Or get your brain checked if you aren't capable of discussing issues without starting a flame war.

I think that is a little racist to assume that just because someone is black, our focus is going to be on countries that are predominantly black.

Why should someone be called a racist for disccusing conflict in Africa? Why should someone be called a racist for saying a word "black"? I never said that our focus is going to be on predominantly black. I just wanted to see if there are going to be any possibilities of being involved in Africa. Currently, there are 17,000 UN troops in Congo to curtail violence and ease the conflict. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/world/africa/30congo.html?ref=world

Commander in chief doesn't need to receive authority from anyone to send troops to Africa. He is the man with authority and the soldiers will follow the orders! That's why I created the topic so that all of you can discuss the issues.

Why should someone be called a racist for disccusing conflict in Africa? Why should someone be called a racist for saying a word "black"? I never said that our focus is going to be on predominantly black. I just wanted to see if there are going to be any possibilities of being involved in Africa. Currently, there are 17,000 UN troops in Congo to curtail violence and ease the conflict. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/world/africa/30congo.html?ref=world

Commander in chief doesn't need to receive authority from anyone to send troops to Africa. He is the man with authority and the soldiers will follow the orders! That's why I created the topic so that all of you can discuss the issues.

It seems that many people, including me, interpreted your questions to be leading and suggestive. John McCain has used this tactic several times by asking leading/suggestive questions about Obama with the goal of portraying him as a terrorist. This is a nice tactic for him to use because he can deny it all by saying "I never called him a terrorist, I just asked...".

In short, you are asking loaded questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_many_questions

Lets look at some of your questions:
1. "who's ready and who's not ready for a black commnader in chief"?
- Is there something about having a black president that one can be inherently prepare for? This questions assumes that there must be some indication one should not be ready, or the question would not need to be asked.

2. "Are we more likely to be involved in conflicts in Africa and get deployed to African countries"?
- This is a leading/suggestive question directing the reader to the thought that because he is black we will be in Africa more. I know you will say "no, I didn't say that I was just asking" but that is leading. Once again, this question assumes that there must be some indication that we would be more likely to be be involved in African countries or the question would not need to be asked.

Your line of questions remind me of the ones that ask "What can be said of Obama given that his father is a Muslim?" The answer is nothing, he is a Christian but even if he were a Muslim nothing would be wrong with that. People who ask these types of questions are clearly trying to influence people into a certain line of thought while guaranteeing themselves protection.

"...the person asking the question is protected from accusations of making false claims, but still manages to make the implication in the form of a hidden compound question. The fallacy isn't in the question itself, but rather in the listener's assumption that the question would not have been asked without some evidence to support the supposition." -From the Wikipedia article

Obama will have no more predisposition to get us into conflict in Africa (because he is black) than G.W. Bush would to invade or intervene in a white nation because he is white. Lets forget about his color. We are in deep **** because of a white leader, color is not the issue. Ideology is !!

well done ace of spades. Are you a law student? ha ha

Members don't see this ad :)
well done ace of spades. Are you a law student? ha ha

No, but I do have a knack for this type of thing. I also forgot to add that she was calling Obama black when he is actually mixed.

Obama will have no more predisposition to get us into conflict in Africa (because he is black) than G.W. Bush would to invade or intervene in a white nation because he is white. Lets forget about his color. We are in deep **** because of a white leader, color is not the issue. Ideology is !!

i don't dislike obama because he is black. i dislike obama because he is a marxist and his policies and beliefs are rooted in the communist manifesto.

This is the first time I have seen her make a post beyond the original post. Single Mom DDS, you wouldn't be labeled a troll if you didn't have a history of drive-by posting. You come on here, make an outlandish political statement, and leave the clean-up for the rest of us. I know you are trying to encourage debate, and I like that, but maybe you could do it with more tact.

btw, Aceofspades put you in checkmate.

I will also add that no one seemed to have an issue when GEN Powel was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs during the first Gulf War. I know that's not Commander in Chief but still.

Barack Obama is...

50% white
37.5% Arab
12.5% African American

Which is reason enough alone to vote for him for many in this country.

Yep, conservatives are going to take a hit just because of him.

Ladies and Gents, whether you like it or not, your boss, beginning 20JAN2008, will be Barack Obama (who, yes, is 50% black and 50% white.)

No, he has no military background, but he is intelligent enough that he will surround himself by our top military advisors to guide us through the militaristic times we are in. You may think we are in for it now, but it is not like our current president has done a great job guiding us in the middle east with the exception of the initial days after 9/11.

Now, from a military standpoint, whether or not you wanted McCain or Obama, it will be your duty to obey the lawful orders that President Obama makes.

>>>Barack Obama was elected the nation's first black president Tuesday night in a historic triumph that overcame racial barriers as old as America itself. <<< NBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, FOX

As I predicted earlier, Obama became the first black commander in chief in the US military history.

Once Obama kicks George W out of the white/black house, I wouldn't be surprised if his first order as a commander in chief is to charge George W with war crimes. Remember a violent war monger George W Bush is responsible for the deaths of many innocent lives in Iraq and Afghanistan (the civillian death toll stands at 200,000) and he also caused a lot of pain to Army dentists by dumping them out to dangerous war front.

No, but I do have a knack for this type of thing. I also forgot to add that she was calling Obama black when he is actually mixed.

By the way, why do all the radical left wing liberal racists have problems with people calling Obama a black president when he is indeed black. Does color more important than ideology to you folks? Do you call a black Ipod, an afroamerican Ipod?

>>>Barack Obama was elected the nation's first black president Tuesday night in a historic triumph that overcame racial barriers as old as America itself. <<< NBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, FOX

As I predicted earlier, Obama became the first black commander in chief in the US military history.

Once Obama kicks George W out of the white/black house, I wouldn't be surprised if his first order as a commander in chief is to charge George W with war crimes. Remember a violent war monger George W Bush is responsible for the deaths of many innocent lives in Iraq and Afghanistan (the civillian death toll stands at 200,000) and he also caused a lot of pain to Army dentists by dumping them out to dangerous war front.

By the way, why do all the radical left wing liberal racists have problems with people calling Obama a black president when he is indeed black. Does color more important than ideology to you folks? Do you call a black Ipod, an afroamerican Ipod?

Did you want a cookie. Was this some sort of accoplishment here? Let's see you sing your praises in 4 years and really mean it.

Last edited:
<sigh>... excellent analysis of how our political process works, single mom. despite your feverish hopes for such drama, one of the hallmarks of our representative democracy is a bloodless transfer of power.

President Bush committed no more of a war crime than FDR or even Truman. War is ugly, but this has been the most sanitized edition of it in the history of the world. i would truly like a rational explanation of how you put collateral damage and the pain of Army dentists at the feet of the POTUS. Did the dentists get drafted into service somehow? Why should they be surprised when they end up at the tip of the spear (a place they actually are not at all) caring for the soldiers (and Marines and Sailors and Airmen)? What a frivolous waste of time and resources it would be to try GWB as a war criminal...

Additionally, President-elect Obama is not black. He is not white. He is multi-racial. Does it matter? Only insofar as it serves to demonstrate the ability of America, in a mere 50 years, move from a nation of segregation and Jim Crow laws to a nation where a man can be elected to the highest office in the land regardless of the amount of melanin in his epidermis.

And I have never heard of a radical left wing liberal racists. Is that like a jackalope?

ALL,

I have not been to the site or posted in a while......well it has become very entertaining since I posted last.....is this still a dental site??

SoonerFan

He has described Afghanistan as "the war we need to win," and he has pledged to send at least two more brigades of U.S. troops to reinforce the 70,000 U.S. and NATO forces already serving in the country. - Barack Obama isn't going to magically bring all the troops home and pay your mortgages. people are stupid.

Simgle Mom DDS, do you have any idea of what you are talking about? Your posts reek of ignorance and stupidity. Radical left wing liberal racists? Did you just make that up? And for the record I am not a liberal or a racist.

What SM DDS said about following the Commander-In-Chief's orders is "basically" true, it's not true that the President can simply order soldiers into combat at their own whims. It's just not realistic to say that can be done. I believe that, with reason, he can use the Marines, but anything more that that has to be through Congress, and for good reason.

Single Mom DDS;7336020 By the way said:
I am not a dental student nor a dentist (at least not yet) I am however prior military and am willing to address some of what I have been reading.

As an active service member it is that members duty to abide by the orders laid forth by the president regardless of his color. Do I think we will spend more time concentrating on Africa? Absolutely not. If the US has not interest and the conflicts on that continent have no bearing on us as a nation then we will gladly turn the other cheek.

Now to your statement. During the entire presidential race everyone (whites/blacks/hispanic/asian) all stated that it is not about race but the man. Your statement solidifies the opposite of the of this proclamation.

Have you ever thought that maybe it is not the individual that is calling Obama black but society? Society classifies people by the color of their skin/features not the individual.. And as a president he is a president and not a black president or a president that is black. Either way he is the CIC.

Racism in this country will never cease. It will always be prevalent. Maybe more now maybe less now only time will tell. And just because someone does not call an individual black does not constitue racism. If that were the case then those that use the "N" word are the most racist people in the world regardless of color.

Being labeld a racist is an ugly term and should not be thrown around like everday newspapers. There is a sterotype of racism/racist and the negativity that comes with it is certainly not needed. Are there individuals taht have hatred in their haearts because they are ignorant? Yes. Are they racist? Maybe. Tolerance on all sides are needed to make this society the best that it can be and throwing around hateful terms liek racist or the "N" word only adds to the downward spiral of society.

Single Mom DDS

WOW!!! SO since he is an african american president we automatically assume that we will be involved in conflicts dealing with Africa?! WTF is wrong with you???

Just an FYI, as a service member of the Military my boss are the citizens of this nation and the troops I'll serve. Obama may be the current leader, but he's in no way shape or form "the(my) boss".

Just an FYI, as a service member of the Military my boss are the citizens of this nation and the troops I'll serve. Obama may be the current leader, but he's in no way shape or form "the(my) boss".

Actually, young Smills, you are wrong. Obama will be the president. the President does answer to the citizens of the United States. But, in no way shape or form do the military servicemen and service women directed by the citizens of the nation. The citizens cannot say " we want our troops sent here or there." Only the President can. According to the US Constitution, Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, the President is given the title of the Commander-In-Chief. He issues the directives that are given to you (eventually) to his Secretary of Defense and the highest ranking officers of the military who in turn pass down the orders to the troops. So, when the President issues out legal directives, you must carry out them or suffer the consequences of your actions should action be taken against you. If he chose to deploy you, you would have to deploy. If he chose to send you to the Antarctic to treat the personnel there, you'd have to go. He just cannot declare war (only Congress can do this) and send the troops, but even that portion of the constitution has been skirted around since WWII by deploying troops and undergoing "Operations."

Ultimately, you do answer to the President of the United States. You will follow the orders of the President and the Offices who are appointed above you whether or not you like/hate or agree/disagree with them. Otherwise, you will quickly learn about the UCMJ.

All of here know you despise the thought of Obama being your president, but no matter what you say, do , etc., as a citizen of the United States, he will be your President on 22JAN2008! He will be your military boss.

Wait... Africa is a country, right?

Nice Palin reference......................:smuggrin:

Everytime she started talking I felt like this+pity+

When she was done I felt like this:uhno:

And then I did this :smack::bang:

Shocked and appalled.

even though some of the members here are unwilling to accept the scenario but it looks like we're going to have a black commander in chief for the first time in the us military history. I was wondering who's ready and who's not ready for a black commnader in chief? Are we more likely to be involved in conflicts in africa and get deployed to african countries (somalia, uganda....)? Is he really going to withdraw troops from iraq and afghanistan? Please voice your conerns or thoughts.

Single mom dds

by the way, why do all the radical left wing liberal racists have problems with people calling obama a black president when he is indeed black. Does color more important than ideology to you folks? Do you call a black ipod, an afroamerican ipod?

Everybody loves "single mom dds"

WTF is wrong with you!?!?!

Actually, young Smills, you are wrong. Obama will be the president. the President does answer to the citizens of the United States. But, in no way shape or form do the military servicemen and service women directed by the citizens of the nation. The citizens cannot say " we want our troops sent here or there." Only the President can. According to the US Constitution, Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, the President is given the title of the Commander-In-Chief. He issues the directives that are given to you (eventually) to his Secretary of Defense and the highest ranking officers of the military who in turn pass down the orders to the troops. So, when the President issues out legal directives, you must carry out them or suffer the consequences of your actions should action be taken against you. If he chose to deploy you, you would have to deploy. If he chose to send you to the Antarctic to treat the personnel there, you'd have to go. He just cannot declare war (only Congress can do this) and send the troops, but even that portion of the constitution has been skirted around since WWII by deploying troops and undergoing "Operations."

Ultimately, you do answer to the President of the United States. You will follow the orders of the President and the Offices who are appointed above you whether or not you like/hate or agree/disagree with them. Otherwise, you will quickly learn about the UCMJ.

All of here know you despise the thought of Obama being your president, but no matter what you say, do , etc., as a citizen of the United States, he will be your President on 22JAN2008! He will be your military boss.

Obama doesn't pay my check, the American taxpayer does. That's who my boss is. He may be the CEO of the BIG BUSINESS known as government, but ultimately the he answers to the BOARD and the SHAREHOLDERS, the REAL bosses of any business.

Obama is mixed race, so please refer to him as such, and I don't see what him having black ancestry has anything to do with leading a nation. And I don't see why him having said ancestry will lead us to constantly being in relation with predominately black countries. I am sure Obama has some aid set up for underpoverished countries in Africa and around the world; but the focus right now is Iraq. Yes, most probably, we will leave Iraq but that has nothing to do with Obama's race and everything to do with his leadership, what the American people want, and his party. You seem to think that being black" (he is also white) is synonymous with "this" and "that", but his ethnicity has nothing to do with anything.

Someone is in denial.

Obama doesn't pay my check, the American taxpayer does. That's who my boss is. He may be the CEO of the BIG BUSINESS known as government, but ultimately the he answers to the BOARD and the SHAREHOLDERS, the REAL bosses of any business.

Someone is in denial.

Lol.

He doesn't seem to realize that if the President gives you an order.
And you disobey.
Then you have disobeyed a direct order from the President and will be punished accordingly.

I think he is just trying to say he will salute the rank but not the man.

No, he is saying will not acknowledge Obama as president. But the simple truth is that he is our boss - plain and simple. He gives the orders - not the citizens of the US. He is accountable to the citizens of the US and our paychecks are paid by the taxpaying citizens, but the citizens have absolutely no control over the military. The citizens of the US are not like board members or have not voting rights as shareholders in the day to day operations of the business, they are more like silent partners. They have absolutely no control of how the business is ran. The only control they have is that if they do not like the CEO, then they can use the majority rule to vote him out or in this case they can choose to vote against the President in the next election and vote for someone who agrees with their beliefs. To think otherwise is pure ignorance in how the military actually runs. So, Smills, before you really experience military life, you might want to learn about who your chain of command really is. You can ask anyone who has been on active duty and they will tell you who the #1 person in your chain of command is. #1 is the President of the United States. In January, that will be President-elect Barack Hussein Obama, our 44th President. Like him or Hate him (that is your American right), deal with the fact that OBAMA WILL BE YOUR BOSS!!!!

My 2 cents: as a soldier serving in Iraq, I certainly hope this whole thing is brought to some sort of conclusion sooner rather than later, for that I am excited by the new CIC. however as a hopefull small business owner with aspirations of making more than 250K, I am rather nervous. Just how much will small business owners take one for the team will only be seen.

Good bye W, my tears will be brief.

Sincerely,
No longer associated with any political party.:thumbdown:

Please don't start a flame war here. I hope you are intelligent enough to discuss/express your thoughts without falsely accusing someone of being a bigot. What make me a bigot precisely?

Although ignorance is a terrible excuse, I'm guessing you're asking because you don't know,

"Bigot: One strongly loyal to one's own social group, and irrationally intolerant or disdainful of others"

To be sure, you took intelligence off the table with your initial post. And even though I know I will regret asking, where in American history has a leader's racial ancestory ever influenced his war interests? How can you possibly justify such a wild accusation?

I for one am shocked that such an ignorant bigot (Single Mom DDS) got as far as you did.

Why do you accuse those who do not support Obama bigot? Are you that simple minded? I decide candidates based on issues not color but the radical left wing liberal racists think that if you don't support a "black man" it must be because you are racist. Why can't you consider the fact that some people don't like Obama's views and policies?

I won't be shocked if such a simple-minded person like yourself (bleech) doesn't get anywhere in the future. However, I won't call you a bigot or a racist just because you have a different opinion than mine.

where in American history has a leader's racial ancestory ever influenced his war interests?

Come on bleech. There hasn't been a black president in American history and therefore there's no history book says that a black president's racial ancestry influenced his war interests. However&#8230;&#8230;

A lot of people already suspect that the new president-pelect Hussein Obama's much proclaimed opposition to America's war against Muslim terrorist in Iraq is more about his Muslim heritage than peace.

Who knows Obama doesn't see Osama as the enemy of America after he has been exposed to the teachings of black nationalist minister, Jeremiah A. Wright, who preaches "African-American unity through antipathy toward whites."

Everybody Loves "Single Mom DDS"

Last edited:
WOW!!! SO since he is an african american president we automatically assume that we will be involved in conflicts dealing with Africa?! WTF is wrong with you???

In August, 2006, Sen. Hussein Obama made an emotional visit to Kenya, the homeland of his late father Barack Hussein Obama Senior of the Luo tribe and said “I'm an African-American, which means I share a bond of struggle with people of African descent everywhere.”

Obama said he hoped his trip would shine a spotlight on Africa's struggles and told the people of Kenya that he wanted everyone in America to know about their troubles and promised to push for the United States to help.
Here’s the answer to your question.

Yes, he can order soldiers along with Army dentists to the combat zone under special operations and we Army dentists have to obey his order unless you want to be locked in a federal prison for years.

are you serious???

Yes, although you are a dentist, you’re a soldier first then a dentist. So when it comes time to play soldier it’s time to drop your handpiece and train to get ready to deploy, engage and destroy the enemies of the USA in close combat.

And don’t be surprised if you receive a free flight ticket to Afghanistan or Iraq. As I said earlier, it’s your sacred opportunity to sacrifice yourself and serve the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.