Blah. Almost time to register

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luthertaketwo

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a sick feeling about this semester. I want go keep my GPA as high as possible(I need an absurd GPA because I go to a state school) and I'm having second thoughts about doing anat and phys, physics, and biochemistry (plus other gen ed course(s)) all in the same semester. 12 or so hours in just labs. Blah. Geeting cold feet. :scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Fall 98
NonLinear Dynamical Systems
Quantum Electronics
Partial Differential Equations
Biochemistry
Biochemistry Lab
Orgo Lab

Deal with it.

Originally posted by jhk43

Deal with it.

:rolleyes: Or, instead of comparing your schedule with that of some anonymous person on sdn from 6 years ago, you could realize that you aren't going to get an "absurd" gpa if you overload yourself. I don't know what those classes are like at your school. I, personally, choose not to take more than 2 labs in any semester. I also don't have to. What is your reason for taking all of thsoe classes at once, adn what other classes will you be taking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Thundrstorm
:rolleyes: Or, instead of comparing your schedule with that of some anonymous person on sdn from 6 years ago, you could realize that you aren't going to get an "absurd" gpa if you overload yourself. I don't know what those classes are like at your school. I, personally, choose not to take more than 2 labs in any semester. I also don't have to. What is your reason for taking all of thsoe classes at once, adn what other classes will you be taking?

There are two different majors I'm thinking of doing, and to get "in track" correctly for both of them, I'll need all three of those year long series completed. I'll probably only take a 3 credit course in history or English for the additional credits.

Originally posted by Luthertaketwo
There are two different majors I'm thinking of doing, and to get "in track" correctly for both of them, I'll need all three of those year long series completed. I'll probably only take a 3 credit course in history or English for the additional credits.

I think it will be doable, but difficult, which is probably typical for most of us. I would just be careful about which English or History course you choose... if you take a course that has a 20 pg. term paper due the same week as your science finals, it could be a bit much.

I guess the other question is whether the labs all have lots of busy work (like weekly lab reports) or if they don't add alot of homework.

You know yourself better than any of us, but, like I said, it seems doable.

I think it will be doable, but difficult, which is probably typical for most of us. I would just be careful about which English or History course you choose... if you take a course that has a 20 pg. term paper due the same week as your science finals, it could be a bit much.

I guess the other question is whether the labs all have lots of busy work (like weekly lab reports) or if they don't add alot of homework.

You know yourself better than any of us, but, like I said, it seems doable.

I hate labs. I'm one of those 95%-98% lecture grade types, with barely 90% in the labs usually. I usually take 2 labs and that gets stressful for me., so with three I have no idea how it's going to go. I don't want to end up on the clock tower with my 30/30.

Fall 98
NonLinear Dynamical Systems
Quantum Electronics
Partial Differential Equations
Biochemistry
Biochemistry Lab
Orgo Lab

Deal with it.

NonLinear Dynamical Systems A
Quantum Electronics A
Partial Differential Equations A
Biochemistry A
Biochemistry Lab A- eternal damnation to my lab partner
Orgo Lab A

Yeah, its possible to get good grades despite a larger than normal courseload. its not like med school will lighten up. think of it as practice. dont sweat it, lucy.

NonLinear Dynamical Systems A
Quantum Electronics A
Partial Differential Equations A
Biochemistry A
Biochemistry Lab A- eternal damnation to my lab partner
Orgo Lab A

Thanks. We're all impressed. :rolleyes:

It was a rather hard semester, worked 20 hrs a week.

Cool. :rolleyes:

Here is my Schedule for the fall

Human Anatomy & Physiology
Comparative Vertabrate Physiology
Zoology
Zoology Lab
Statistics
English (300 level)

What do u think?

Doable, but will take work and lots of studing. Comparative at my undergrad school was taught by one of the toughest profs, so it was a bear of a class. Don't know what it is like at your school.

Zoology, english and stats aren't hard but will be just busy work or memorizing for tests, the you can forget the stuff you learn.

Originally posted by bubbajones
Here is my Schedule for the fall

Human Anatomy & Physiology
Comparative Vertabrate Physiology
Zoology
Zoology Lab
Statistics
English (300 level)

What do u think?

Hopefully your 2 physiology courses will overlap in material - perhaps two perspectives will strengthen your understanding even further.

English sounds like a nice break from all the bio stuff.
You should breeze thru stats.

I'm sure it was, and I think it's really great that you still got such amazing grades, but what is the point of posting them on this thread, since they in no way help the OP? It just looks like bragging.

I'm sure it was, and I think it's really great that you still got such amazing grades, but what is the point of posting them on this thread, since they in no way help the OP? It just looks like bragging.

Nah, i'm just givin lucifer a hard time...she and i go way back...btw, have u read her posts on affirmative action? lucy's an enlightened west virginian soul...

Nah, i'm just givin lucifer a hard time...she and i go way back...btw, have u read her posts on affirmative action? lucy's an enlightened west virginian soul...

Oh, the op is a she? Well, I basically disagree with and am offended by everything she says, but I figured why not offer advice anyway.

Don't overload, you will regret it for sure. Overloading has come and bit me twice in the ass and my Science gpa only turned out to be a 3.34. It would have been a 3.55-3.6 had I not taxed myself so much.

Adrian