Blank!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDent11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed any blanks on their AADSAS? For Minnesota, it used to say invited for interview and now the decision date and status is blank.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else noticed any blanks on their AADSAS? For Minnesota, it used to say invited for interview and now the decision date and status is blank.

Same for Western, except the school wasn't listed on my AADSAS prior to today

I noticed this too, since you mentioned it.

My Minnesota AADSAS information went blank! :eek:

Anyone else experience this for Minnesota?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the acceptance/rejection result came in to AADSAS, and AADSAS is just preparing to release it for Dec. 1.

:scared:

Last edited:
Blank for BOTH Western and Minnesota. I won't worry about it. I think those schools are getting ready to update you on Dec 1.

Does anyone have blanks from other schools besides Western and Minnesota?

From previous years, it seems to hold true that a blank = acceptance however, no blank does not indicate anything.

omg... i want some blanks... I have none

mine went blank too for Minnesota? ... :xf:

based on the poll results from the previous SDN thread... now I'm wanting some of my other "invited for interview" statuses to blank!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else have Western show up on their AADSAS decision list?

No blanks on my AADSAS here... but didn't apply to any of the aforementioned schools.

I am really curious if some people did not receive the blank status for Minnesota.

I'm kind of nervous! :scared::xf:

:(

I don't have blank from Minnesota, interviewed in Oct T_T

Because these blanks are happening so early (before Nov. 30th), I'm really not sure what to make of it.

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up because it seems like nothing is predictable!

:confused:

I am really curious if some people did not receive the blank status for Minnesota.

I'm kind of nervous! :scared::xf:

:(

You're a MN resident, but you didn't receive the blank status.

Now I'm worried!!! :scared:

EDIT: NVM you did... !!!

:xf::xf::xf:

You're a MN resident, but you didn't receive the blank status.

Now I'm worried!!! :scared:

EDIT: NVM you did... !!!

:xf::xf::xf:

This is why I am super worried, though my interview wasn't great, hopefully another skill will blank me soon...

I did receive a blank status (blank in that there is noting indicated in the decisions table).

You have the same status; (blank: nothing there)?

Yes. Here's my aadsas status.

1st Column: "University of Minnesota (MIN)"
2nd Column: "MN"
3rd Column: BLANK
4th Column: BLANK
5th Column: BLANK

Yes. Here's my aadsas status.

1st Column: "University of Minnesota (MIN)"
2nd Column: "MN"
3rd Column: BLANK
4th Column: BLANK
5th Column: BLANK

That's exactly what mine says.

Are you an international student?

That's exactly what mine says.

Are you an international student?

Nope, just OOS.

Are you an international student? I thought you're a MN resident? I heard that 2/3 of their class are reserved for in-state students. 1/3 OOS. Unless there's a separate quota, I think international students will count towards the 1/3 .

I am not international.

I really wonder if there are some in-state and OOS applicants who interviewed and were NOT blanked.

Seeing that (seemingly) all the in-stater and OOS applicants have gone blank makes me a little concerned. (i.e. - blanks are not an indicator of anything for MN).

:shifty:

I am not international.

I really wonder if there are some in-state and OOS applicants who interviewed and were NOT blanked.

Seeing that (seemingly) all the in-stater and OOS applicants have gone blank makes me a little concerned. (i.e. - blanks are not an indicator of anything for MN).

:shifty:

You're right, unless people who have interviewed at Minnesota have AADSAS statuses that still say "invited for interview" we can't be sure that the blanks mean anything. I'm trying REALLY hard not to get my hopes up as well, but last years threads provide pretty strong evidence that blanks=acceptance. I wonder when the people from last year got blanked.

***Anyone accepted last year to Minnesota on Dec. 1st out there? When did your AADSAS go blank?

You're right, unless people who have interviewed at Minnesota have AADSAS statuses that still say "invited for interview" we can't be sure that the blanks mean anything. I'm trying REALLY hard not to get my hopes up as well, but last years threads provide pretty strong evidence that blanks=acceptance. I wonder when the people from last year got blanked.

***Anyone accepted last year to Minnesota on Dec. 1st out there? When did your AADSAS go blank?

Although I may be generalizing, I though blanks started occurring Nov. 30th last year.

Guys, if you got blank stop stressing. Let me just repeat again: I interviewed at Umin in October and I still have Invited for Interview T_T.

You guys are going to ge accepted!

Guys, if you got blank stop stressing. Let me just repeat again: I interviewed at Umin in October and I still have Invited for Interview T_T.

You guys are going to ge accepted!

Considering that you are an international student, and given how things are unfolding, I genuinely think you still have a good chance of being accepted without having been "blanked".

From what I've observed, it seems like the unfolding of events is slightly different for international applicants.

I still don't think that being blanked means acceptance! ;)

:luck::luck::luck:

:)

We can analyze and stress about it all we want, but we won't know for sure or be completely satisfied until Dec. 1st....we've made it this far, so I know we can get through the next 4 days, 19 hours, 53 minutes and roughly 40 seconds:).

:luck:GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I hope we all get into our top choice!:xf:

We can analyze and stress about it all we want, but we won't know for sure or be completely satisfied until Dec. 1st....we've made it this far, so I know we can get through the next 4 days, 19 hours, 53 minutes and roughly 40 seconds:).

:luck:GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I hope we all get into our top choice!:xf:

:thumbup:

Sometimes the holidays can be a curse, too much free time! :laugh:

Best of luck to everyone! :luck:

I still have invited for interview on my AADSAS status. I'm OOS... hopefully a blank doesn't mean anything...

someone BLANK me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think more Blanks will come in Monday! this is exciting =)
I wish there was a list of the schools that update AADSAS on Dec. 1st.

If I get some time today I will go back into the threads and find out whatever information I can and put it together in some organized fashion.

I remember quite a few of the schools that went "blank" last year (most of them the day before December 1st) but I will do some research and hopefully bring some wishful thinking your way!!:)

no blanks here either. I did not apply to any of the aforementioned schools. About a month ago Pitt changed from "invited for interview" to "under review" or some crap like that. I have no idea what that means, even though it probably means im "under review.

Here are the schools that people posted went "blank" before December 1st. Most of these people said this changed the day before...
VCU
Maryland
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
UoP
Minnesota
Iowa
UMN
Case
Nova
Indiana
Tufts
UMKC
the "blank" theory concluded:
Just because someone doesn't have a blank, does not mean they aren't accepted. I'm sure certain schools will update AADSAS at different times, some schools not at all (we all know how this is).

If this theory is correct, a blank status will indicate acceptance, but an unchanged status does not indicate anything, you may or may not be accepted in the future.

Random information I found. (all eastern standard time guys, sorry)

Louisville acceptance email about 1am on December 1st
Iowa and Baylor at 2:45 am on December 1st
BU acceptance email about 12:30am on December 1st
Marquette started calling people about 5:00pm on November 30th.
Indiana (Dr. Kasberg) emailed acceptances at 11pm on November 30th
UF- the person who interviewed you called to tell you congrats at 7:30 am on the 1st
Kentucky- an email and a phone call from Missy bright and early for acceptances!

AT 6AM, AADSAS updated status that were blank to "OFFER MADE" (by majority of schools with pre-december interviews. Too many to list. If you want to know a specific one, just ask!):cool:

Last edited:
Thanks toothache!

Great summary :)

I was aware that most blanks occurs Nov. 30th, but did you see any cases where the blanks occurred this soon?

I personally couldn't find anything, but perhaps my search wasn't exhaustive.

All things aside, thanks again! ;)

Y'all two remind of the people that try to peak/find out what their present is before dec 25! :laugh:

Don't worry only 5 more days!:love:

If this theory is correct, a blank status will indicate acceptance, but an unchanged status does not indicate anything, you may or may not be accepted in the future.

*Hypothesis.. Did you not get this lesson hammered out in intro bio? :rolleyes:

On a side not, thank's for pulling all that information together. :thumbup:

I wonder whether there were many instances last cycle where people got blanks but wasn't accepted...? Could a "blank" mean that a decision was made, but whether it's an acceptance or rejection we won't really know till the 1st??

I wonder whether there were many instances last cycle where people got blanks but wasn't accepted...? Could a "blank" mean that a decision was made, but whether it's an acceptance or rejection we won't really know till the 1st??

I am thinking your analysis is correct.

All things considered, it could even be a wait-list decision.

I am thinking your analysis is correct.

All things considered, it could even be a wait-list decision.

In all of these old threads regarding blanks, there is not one instance where a blank indicated a rejection.

Every blank in the past has turned into an acceptance.

In all of these old threads regarding blanks, there is not one instance where a blank indicated a rejection.

Every blank in the past has turned into an acceptance.

You are correct.

But I remain skeptical because the blanks came so early this year.

I suppose I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. :oops:

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. However, I'm with MrBeans...I'll only celebrate if and when I see my status change to offer made.

However, at this rate, if I don't develop an ulcer before December 1st it will be a small miracle...:scared::xf::laugh: