Blank!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Posted this in the acceptance/interview thread already but:

Denial from Nova via AADSAS. Sad Freaking Day. :scared:

I don't understand, they are NOT supposed to let us know these things till dec 1st....

Members don't see this ad.

they are not allowed to accept us until december 1st. they can reject us whenever they feel fit

thats only true if you haven't been interviewed there.... if you've had an interview, you are not allowed to find out your status till dec 1st (acceptance / rejection / or waitlist)....

Members don't see this ad :)
thats only true if you haven't been interviewed there.... if you've had an interview, you are not allowed to find out your status till dec 1st (acceptance / rejection / or waitlist)....

I did not know this.

Anyone have pittsburgh or temple blanks??????????? I felt pretty confident about both but no blanks yet!! Anyone???????

I got blanked by Nova. Maybe they think Dec 1st is only important with acceptance because they are letting people know if they are rejected or wait listed.

From what it looks like, a blank means acceptance, while both waitlisted and denial appear already on AADSAS. (at least for Nova)

From what it looks like, a blank means acceptance, while both waitlisted and denial appear already on AADSAS. (at least for Nova)

sorry to hear about your rejection. You have amazing numbers, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. I hope Nova wasn't your #1

Some people said that they got an acceptance letter from Nova Oct 30 on previous cycles. I live about 8 minutes from Nova so if that was true maybe i get something in the mail today.

............. I think i read somewhere that this happened in a previous cycle.

Some people said that they got an acceptance letter from Nova Oct 30 on previous cycles. I live about 8 minutes from Nova so if that was true maybe i get something in the mail today.

............. I think i read somewhere that this happened in a previous cycle.

you mean "nov 30th" ? oct 30th is.... against the ADEA rules

sorry to hear about your rejection. You have amazing numbers, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. I hope Nova wasn't your #1

Trying to keep my head up, wasn't expecting a denial until December 1st at least.

Definitely meant Nov. 30.

Sorry about that.

Members don't see this ad :)

Wait what? Earlier in this thread some people who got interviewed by UCSF got rejected already...

My Case status went from Invited for Interview to Received/Under Review. What does that mean?? I hope it at least mean wait listed....not rejection please please please :xf:

My Case status went from Invited for Interview to Received/Under Review. What does that mean?? I hope it at least mean wait listed....not rejection please please please :xf:
My Case status went from invited for interview to BLANK ????? What does this one means??? uh? "/

OMG, mine did too. It went back to Received/Under Review. Yikes.... this is so completely nerve-wracking.

blank at case.... and so it begins. (I left some schools off of predents for anon. purposes)

haha also marquette, who never bothered to email, snail mail, call, interview, or update me .... has finally showed up on my aadsas as "Received/under review." I hear thier class is pretty filled so thats prob a rejection.

This blanking business is making me nervous. I can't concentrate at work today but I have a deadline coming up. Curse you SDN! Btw, NOVA did blank me out.

OMG, mine did too. It went back to Received/Under Review. Yikes.... this is so completely nerve-wracking.

Same here. status went from interview to Under review. Unfortunately, no blank. But Case only accepts a few people in December and they continually roll their acceptances through out the next couple of months. We are probably under some sort of continuing review.

A friend applied there last year and was accepted in late January with a pre-december interview. He got a letter in December saying that he would be reviewed and compared again within the next couple of weeks. So don't worry too much.

I don't understand, they are NOT supposed to let us know these things till dec 1st....

They can't accept before Dec 1st, but waitlist and rejections can come anytime from starting from June

I have a blank for case and I already know I am accepted there. They gave me a deferral of acceptance at the end of Oct. from last years application. So at least for Case, it appears that a blank means acceptance:D

Edit: Delete please

Last edited:
I got denied by NOVA :(:(:(:(:(
Blanked for VCU.... hope that's a good thing! :scared:
Did anyone get any other updates on VCU?

Wait what? Earlier in this thread some people who got interviewed by UCSF got rejected already...

They can't accept before Dec 1st, but waitlist and rejections can come anytime from starting from June

Thats not the way it was explained to me. During my interviews, I specifically asked this question, and every schools response was exactly the same: once you make it to the interview BEFORE Dec 1st, it is against ADEA policy to let the applicant know anything about their fate before Dec 1st (this goes for acceptance, rejection, and waitlist).

If patience is a virtue, I'm afraid I'm beginning to find out that I don't have much of it. Lol. Just think what it would be like if dental schools saw how impatient, paranoid, and nosy in all things related to AADSAS we are here at SDN. JK

Lucky, that's one of my top choices :(. (Mine still shows Invited for Interview)

About UF: None of the past years reported having UF blank applicants prior to acceptance. I'm pretty sure the earliest you can hear from them is a phone call as early as 6:30AM on Dec 1st.

Its most likely a good thing that your blanked for VCU. Are you instate or OOS? Mine still says Invited for Interview. :(

If patience is a virtue, I'm afraid I'm beginning to find out that I don't have much of it. Lol. Just think what it would be like if dental schools saw how impatient, paranoid, and nosy in all things related to AADSAS we are here at SDN. JK

this is probably like p0rn for them

I'm out of state... I really hope you are right cause I'm not feeling so good about it after getting the rejection from nova :(

Temple hasn't started blanking yet have they? =/

no blank for me, I want blank....

wait listed at NOVA

by the way, anyone have their school record completed pull off from AADSAS?:(

anyway, I want BLANK....finger crossed

Thats not the way it was explained to me. During my interviews, I specifically asked this question, and every schools response was exactly the same: once you make it to the interview BEFORE Dec 1st, it is against ADEA policy to let the applicant know anything about their fate before Dec 1st (this goes for acceptance, rejection, and waitlist).

thats not true. you can be denied at anytime. I remember UCSF directly told us that they cant accept us til Dec 1 but can reject us anytime after our interview. So he said that no news from us after your interview but before dec 1 is good news

I'm out of state... I really hope you are right cause I'm not feeling so good about it after getting the rejection from nova :(

Don't worry. if it makes you feel any better, I got rejected right away from Nova without an interview. They are just picky.

I'm sure one of the schools you interviewed at will accept you. :xf:

VCU has been Received/Application Complete for awhile now, I wish I would get a blank or something to show they are looking at my app.

VCU has been Received/Application Complete for awhile now, I wish I would get a blank or something to show they are looking at my app.

Did you interview there? My status is still "invited for interview"?

I am so nervous/excited/nauseous, I literally can't even see :eek: