Bleeding during pregnancy, nausea, caffeine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aamna929

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.. my doc's appt feels really far away, so i was wondering if i could ask you guys a couple of questions. is it normal to have a little brown bleeding during pregnancy? I had it at around 8 weeks.. lightly for about a minute or so after i had gone to the bathroom to pee. Also.. since the 9th week has passed my nausea has become increasingly worse.. my doctor prescribed premesis rx for me at my first appt. (i guess she just assumed i had a vitamin b deficiency) which hasn't been helping much. i can hardly keep anything down.. not even liquids. a friend of mine took zofran for her hyperemesis gravidurum and said it was a miracle drug and her baby came out fine. do you think i could ask my doc for this med? i'm afraid she'll say no. the only thing that helps my nausea is caffeine consumption, which i limit to one cup a day to be on the safe side. do you think this is okay?

Members don't see this ad.

This site is NOT for medical advice. Call your doctor.

aamna929 said:
Hey all.. my doc's appt feels really far away, so i was wondering if i could ask you guys a couple of questions. is it normal to have a little brown bleeding during pregnancy? I had it at around 8 weeks.. lightly for about a minute or so after i had gone to the bathroom to pee. Also.. since the 9th week has passed my nausea has become increasingly worse.. my doctor prescribed premesis rx for me at my first appt. (i guess she just assumed i had a vitamin b deficiency) which hasn't been helping much. i can hardly keep anything down.. not even liquids. a friend of mine took zofran for her hyperemesis gravidurum and said it was a miracle drug and her baby came out fine. do you think i could ask my doc for this med? i'm afraid she'll say no. the only thing that helps my nausea is caffeine consumption, which i limit to one cup a day to be on the safe side. do you think this is okay?