Blood Banking and Trans Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you dont realize the incredible importance of these, leave now, just leave.

2109_00555.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I tell you, I know they are important, I just don't want to deal with it. Lots of things in life are important that I don't care to be involved in.

Ugh. Does the patient have a little C or a little E? How about a big K? Bleargh.The patient is now febrile. Bleargh again.

LADoc00 said:
If you dont realize the incredible importance of these, leave now, just leave.
Silly boy. You are going to convince all our keeners that BB/TM is the way to go to the exclusion of everything else. The market will saturate. The demand will fall.

And you will have to find another Shangri-La!

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
I tell you, I know they are important, I just don't want to deal with it. Lots of things in life are important that I don't care to be involved in.

Ugh. Does the patient have a little C or a little E? How about a big K? Bleargh.The patient is now febrile. Bleargh again.

Dude I dont know, I thought UMich was tight but am beginning to rethink that now. You letting me down little Wolverine.

You know commies hate Blood Banking too. R U a commie blood bank H8r?

Who are you most like on this map? ask yourself that everytime you complain about Blood bank call!!!!!!
Commies.gif

deschutes said:
Silly boy. You are going to convince all our keeners that BB/TM is the way to go to the exclusion of everything else. The market will saturate. The demand will fall.

And you will have to find another Shangri-La!

Let me tell you something, I knew a group located 5 minutes from one of the best beaches in the world. They were looking for someone who was AP/CP/Blood bank, thats it, seems it should be easy to find. The job paid, starting, get this $400,000 with 4 months of vacation. No takers.

Who knows. Maybe I will spend my days working out the mysteries of Kell and Kidd and will be forever converted. But I doubt it. I will handle it and enjoy parts of it, but I will be wanting to be back on surg path.

LADoc00 said:
Let me tell you something, I knew a group located 5 minutes from one of the best beaches in the world. They were looking for someone who was AP/CP/Blood bank, thats it, seems it should be easy to find. The job paid, starting, get this $400,000 with 4 months of vacation. No takers.

Just curious are you a BB/TM guy? and (you would know not I) if there is a shortage in this speciality? also do you think this might be something to look in to (Im kind of interested)?

LADoc00 said:
Let me tell you something, I knew a group located 5 minutes from one of the best beaches in the world.
My friend, while I can understand your perhaps natural bias towards SoCal, the US - as you well know! - is not the world ;)

LADoc00 said:
They were looking for someone who was AP/CP/Blood bank, thats it, seems it should be easy to find. The job paid, starting, get this $400,000 with 4 months of vacation. No takers.
You speak of this in the past tense. I was talking about the future. All these people coming into Path have to go somewhere. That situation cannot last.

But do please go into BB/TM if that floats your boat - or makes what you desire. Less competition for me!

DasN said:
Just curious are you a BB/TM guy? and (you would know not I) if there is a shortage in this speciality? also do you think this might be something to look in to (Im kind of interested)?

Dude I NEVER knew anyone like me that actually spent the time to tell me really what is up in path, so by the time I was done with my training I was SOL.

Luckily, you have me.
Aint life grand?!

singing%20in%20the%20rain.jpg

Wow, that is thuper! Now tell me how to gross in a hemi-face-ectomy in under 45 minutes. Without decalcification.

yaah said:
Wow, that is thuper! Now tell me how to gross in a hemi-face-ectomy in under 45 minutes. Without decalcification.

WTF are babbling about?? Whats the specimen for, a SCC?

LADoc00 said:
WTF are babbling about?? Whats the specimen for, a SCC?

It's more theoretical at present. I did receive a near total glossectomy with a large portion of the neck and muscle attached, but that wasn't horrible. One resident though got a maxillary sinus melanoma a couple weeks ago that the specimen included a large portion of the face including the eye.

LADoc00 said:

Is there a wide range in salaries for Blood Bank? Two of the attendings I've talked to in the field say it's the worst compensated subspecialty in path.

Members don't see this ad :)
QuietSylph said:
Is there a wide range in salaries for Blood Bank? Two of the attendings I've talked to in the field say it's the worst compensated subspecialty in path.

Key word "attendings" dats because youre in academia, like the magic world of the Smurfs, they do ONLY transmed. Im talking taking that expertise and combining with actual surg path skillz and going out into the world.

See, QS, academia is like the world of the Smurfs. To a smurf some crap is just plain scary, like the thought of having your own small business aka a path group and having to be away and distant from all the other smurfs. Each academic smurf community has their papa smurf, smurfette and handy smurf and they are intimating connected to each...like a small communist state, which why academics are always leftist, they want everyone else to live in smurf village (aka communist commune) with them.

But they lie, they really want to dominate you. Keep you around as an eternal scut monkey and gimp you out for their own entertainment. See, when the cameras werent rolling at Smurf Village, some seriously freaky shiat was going down all orchestrated by Papa smurf aka The Debil.

papa1.jpg

TRUST NO ONE.

yaah said:
Smurf you. :laugh:

So are you Gargamel?

Gargamel is actually a facist, but in attacking the smurf village is doing the whole world a favor by preventing the spread of communism.

NO, I am Gargamel's cat, Azrael and I PWN YOU.

beary said:
What is battlenet? :confused:
warcraft server...believe it or not...3 years after this game is released, people still are playing this!!! OMFG!

Time to pwn some more level 20+ folks.

I can't believe it...I'm actually still good at this game...even when drunk off my ass.