You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Blood Banking and Trans Med
Started by LADoc00
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I tell you, I know they are important, I just don't want to deal with it. Lots of things in life are important that I don't care to be involved in.
Ugh. Does the patient have a little C or a little E? How about a big K? Bleargh.The patient is now febrile. Bleargh again.
Ugh. Does the patient have a little C or a little E? How about a big K? Bleargh.The patient is now febrile. Bleargh again.
Silly boy. You are going to convince all our keeners that BB/TM is the way to go to the exclusion of everything else. The market will saturate. The demand will fall.LADoc00 said:If you dont realize the incredible importance of these, leave now, just leave.
And you will have to find another Shangri-La!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yaah said:I tell you, I know they are important, I just don't want to deal with it. Lots of things in life are important that I don't care to be involved in.
Ugh. Does the patient have a little C or a little E? How about a big K? Bleargh.The patient is now febrile. Bleargh again.
Dude I dont know, I thought UMich was tight but am beginning to rethink that now. You letting me down little Wolverine.
You know commies hate Blood Banking too. R U a commie blood bank H8r?
Who are you most like on this map? ask yourself that everytime you complain about Blood bank call!!!!!!
deschutes said:Silly boy. You are going to convince all our keeners that BB/TM is the way to go to the exclusion of everything else. The market will saturate. The demand will fall.
And you will have to find another Shangri-La!
Let me tell you something, I knew a group located 5 minutes from one of the best beaches in the world. They were looking for someone who was AP/CP/Blood bank, thats it, seems it should be easy to find. The job paid, starting, get this $400,000 with 4 months of vacation. No takers.
Who knows. Maybe I will spend my days working out the mysteries of Kell and Kidd and will be forever converted. But I doubt it. I will handle it and enjoy parts of it, but I will be wanting to be back on surg path.
LADoc00 said:Let me tell you something, I knew a group located 5 minutes from one of the best beaches in the world. They were looking for someone who was AP/CP/Blood bank, thats it, seems it should be easy to find. The job paid, starting, get this $400,000 with 4 months of vacation. No takers.
Just curious are you a BB/TM guy? and (you would know not I) if there is a shortage in this speciality? also do you think this might be something to look in to (Im kind of interested)?
My friend, while I can understand your perhaps natural bias towards SoCal, the US - as you well know! - is not the world 😉LADoc00 said:Let me tell you something, I knew a group located 5 minutes from one of the best beaches in the world.
You speak of this in the past tense. I was talking about the future. All these people coming into Path have to go somewhere. That situation cannot last.LADoc00 said:They were looking for someone who was AP/CP/Blood bank, thats it, seems it should be easy to find. The job paid, starting, get this $400,000 with 4 months of vacation. No takers.
But do please go into BB/TM if that floats your boat - or makes what you desire. Less competition for me!
DasN said:Just curious are you a BB/TM guy? and (you would know not I) if there is a shortage in this speciality? also do you think this might be something to look in to (Im kind of interested)?
Dude I NEVER knew anyone like me that actually spent the time to tell me really what is up in path, so by the time I was done with my training I was SOL.
Luckily, you have me.
Aint life grand?!
Wow, that is thuper! Now tell me how to gross in a hemi-face-ectomy in under 45 minutes. Without decalcification.
yaah said:Wow, that is thuper! Now tell me how to gross in a hemi-face-ectomy in under 45 minutes. Without decalcification.
WTF are babbling about?? Whats the specimen for, a SCC?
LADoc00 said:WTF are babbling about?? Whats the specimen for, a SCC?
It's more theoretical at present. I did receive a near total glossectomy with a large portion of the neck and muscle attached, but that wasn't horrible. One resident though got a maxillary sinus melanoma a couple weeks ago that the specimen included a large portion of the face including the eye.
LADoc00 said:Let me tell you something, I knew a group located 5 minutes from one of the best beaches in the world. They were looking for someone who was AP/CP/Blood bank, thats it, seems it should be easy to find. The job paid, starting, get this $400,000 with 4 months of vacation. No takers.
Is there a wide range in salaries for Blood Bank? Two of the attendings I've talked to in the field say it's the worst compensated subspecialty in path.
QuietSylph said:Is there a wide range in salaries for Blood Bank? Two of the attendings I've talked to in the field say it's the worst compensated subspecialty in path.
Key word "attendings" dats because youre in academia, like the magic world of the Smurfs, they do ONLY transmed. Im talking taking that expertise and combining with actual surg path skillz and going out into the world.
See, QS, academia is like the world of the Smurfs. To a smurf some crap is just plain scary, like the thought of having your own small business aka a path group and having to be away and distant from all the other smurfs. Each academic smurf community has their papa smurf, smurfette and handy smurf and they are intimating connected to each...like a small communist state, which why academics are always leftist, they want everyone else to live in smurf village (aka communist commune) with them.
But they lie, they really want to dominate you. Keep you around as an eternal scut monkey and gimp you out for their own entertainment. See, when the cameras werent rolling at Smurf Village, some seriously freaky shiat was going down all orchestrated by Papa smurf aka The Debil.
TRUST NO ONE.
Smurf you.
So are you Gargamel?
So are you Gargamel?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yaah said:Smurf you.![]()
So are you Gargamel?
Gargamel is actually a facist, but in attacking the smurf village is doing the whole world a favor by preventing the spread of communism.
NO, I am Gargamel's cat, Azrael and I PWN YOU.
Havarti666 said:

B
b&ierstiefel
I used to have a hard drive named Azrael.LADoc00 said:Gargamel is actually a facist, but in attacking the smurf village is doing the whole world a favor by preventing the spread of communism.
NO, I am Gargamel's cat, Azrael and I PWN YOU.
Havarti666 said:
Dude, I was right!!
VALIDATION! At last.
Thank you.
I knew smurfette was skanky little ho and to find out she be a rim ninja too!
bananaface said:
I wonder if Andy would be Poo MSTP Warcraft Smurf. 🙂
B
b&ierstiefel
it's time for a game on battlenet...beary said:I wonder if Andy would be Poo MSTP Warcraft Smurf. 🙂
He comes back as "Very Uninteresting Smurf."beary said:I wonder if Andy would be Poo MSTP Warcraft Smurf. 🙂
B
b&ierstiefel
warcraft server...believe it or not...3 years after this game is released, people still are playing this!!! OMFG!beary said:What is battlenet? 😕
Time to pwn some more level 20+ folks.
I can't believe it...I'm actually still good at this game...even when drunk off my ass.
Yep. I was right about the bed = chair phenomenon.AndyMilonakis said:warcraft server...believe it or not...3 years after this game is released, people still are playing this!!! OMFG!
Time to pwn some more level 20+ folks.

B
b&ierstiefel
whateverbananaface said:Yep. I was right about the bed = chair phenomenon.![]()
bananaface said:Yep. I was right about the bed = chair phenomenon.![]()
Or else he has turned into an insomniac like me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
beary, i've always been an insomniac. 🙂beary said:Or else he has turned into an insomniac like me!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 9K