Bluebook neurology rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fssca20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a little insight here. About me, I'm a 3rd year at one of the big 4 Carib schools and interested in neurology. High 230s step 1, top 20-25% preclinical grades, and no red flags (other than IMG of course) if that makes a difference..

Anyway, my question is that if doing a "bluebook" vs. a greenbook neurology rotation would hurt me. Neurology is considered an elective at my school and it is hard to find a good acgme accredited site. In the location I am right now, I've heard the neuro rotation is very good. You spend a lot of 1 on 1 time with the attending who likes to teach and gives a fair amount of autonomy with patients. I feel like I could probably get a good letter from this person. I could probably find a greenbook site somewhere, but obviously it would be a major inconvenience to move somewhere for such a short period of time. Also, there's the dilemma that I already know that this bluebook site would be a good experience, and I don't know much about the other sites.

I'd be very interested to hear any opinions on this. I've spoken with my advisors about this, but sometimes I feel I don't always get a straight answer from them. What would you do in this situation? Could doing a bluebook rotation in a field I'm looking to match into hurt my chances, even if it is a "good" rotation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i did my neuro rotation in a county hospital (in my hometown) with no academic affiliation
when i got to residency, i found out no one knew what a green/blue-book hospital was outside of IMGs