Bme -> md

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soneymed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a freshman Biomedical Engineering (BME) major.My university currently has a engineering --> MD/PhD program with Rosalind Franklin University. The deadline for the program app is during my sophomore year. I have some questions about the program before finalizing my Medical Program choices. The program that I am considering to apply for is the MD/PhD program in medicine (track I & II). If anyone is in the program or has experience at CMS, I would appreciate the information.

*note* I have checked online and the website does not offer updated information about specifics, I have also emailed admissions office at RFU-CMS, but no responses yet.

1. How many weeks is the phase I, of the program? Is that the equivalent of first two years of academic medical classes?

2. would it be a better idea to apply track II , are both tracks I and II the same amount of time?

3. How many total years to graduate with a Medical degree? how many years to graduate with both a Medical degree and Ph.D.?

4. What type of grading system is used? a pass/fail or letter grades?

5. Is the Medical school curriculum more lecture based, problem solving based, or both?

6. In terms of research, does the university partner with Hospitals or other Universities?

Thank you,
Soney Med
IIT BME 1st YR

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: