MD BnB vs Pathoma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genessis42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your favorite resource so far in terms of Pathology alone? I'm torn if I should just keep sticking with BnB, or also add a Pathoma subscription to it.

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t see why you can’t do both. I certainly did. But out of the two I definitely got way more out of pathoma. Sattar is the superior teacher

Members don't see this ad :)
Pathoma is better but only pathology.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t get much out of pathoma that I didn’t get out of BnB. Pathoma is limited to path, whereas I get almost everything in pathoma with BnB but also phys, anatomy, etc. Plus I like the BnB questions at the end of the videos.

I think you could benefit from both.

BnB Biochemistry + All of Pathoma is more or less what I went with. I recommend.

Also...in the days before your test, while you do physical activity or drive --> Goljan

I think you could benefit from both.

BnB Biochemistry + All of Pathoma is more or less what I went with. I recommend.

Also...in the days before your test, while you do physical activity or drive --> Goljan

What is Goljan?

• Haha
both but if you can only get one id say B&B even though most will say otherwise

What is Goljan?

The greatest of all time, Pappi. He's a rootin' tootin' arm wrestling path professor that's worth more than all the path professors in the world combined (minus Lord Sattar of course)

Do both B&B and Pathoma
Do the Lightyear anki deck, its based on B&B(which is based on first aid) and it has pathoma cards.......its a win win situation

I listen to goljan but geez that guy is annoying

What is your favorite resource so far in terms of Pathology alone? I'm torn if I should just keep sticking with BnB, or also add a Pathoma subscription to it.
I never recommend either to students. Consolidate on Qbanks. But if it's a gun to the head type scenario, more students tend to side with Pathoma.

Pathoma great for review, esp for Step 1 time. Goljan more comprehensive and better for learning the material along with your coursework.