Board knew of nurses' criminal records but took years to act

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taurus

Paul Revere of Medicine
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Is this the same board of nursing who think that they have the procedures and people to monitor and regulate NP's and CRNA's? :scared: I fear for public safety.

This is yet another good reason why I strongly believe that nurses who practice medicine such as NP's should be under the umbrella of boards of medicine. The public would be far better protected.

Members don't see this ad.

as a medical student what makes you think you have the experience/education to comment on entire professions? Complete a residency, study health policy and practice as an attending and then come to a board like this and tell people who to hire and authorize to do what.

as a medical student what makes you think you have the experience/education to comment on entire professions? Complete a residency, study health policy and practice as an attending and then come to a board like this and tell people who to hire and authorize to do what.

Don't bite his head off. Everyone knows that he is "just" a med student. He's entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Certainly there have never been examples of medical boards failing to act on incompetent physicians.

Nope. Never.

Maybe I should just troll around the internet and find me some examples and post them here.

Certainly there have never been examples of medical boards failing to act on incompetent physicians.

Nope. Never.

Maybe I should just troll around the internet and find me some examples and post them here.

No, we don't do a good job at policing ourselves and clearly neither do nurses.

Taurus.....ever the vocal poster. :D

It is of note because it shouldn't happen, but it happens across many boards and training. With that being said, posting it here is a bit trollish, so tread lightly.

I am not sure what you meant by "does this apply to the nursing board?". Do I feel a nursing board should include extremely experienced, preferably doctoral trained leaders in the nursing profession, certainly. Should a physician be present on the board? Probably. However, I am not a nurse. Also, I am not familiar with nursing boards and their purpose. This is why I do not comment oncomplex issues such as this. I would expect the same from individuals with even less experience in the field than I.

Give him a break? He isnt giving any PA or NP a break on this board.

Is this the same board of nursing who think that they have the procedures and people to monitor and regulate NP's and CRNA's? :scared: I fear for public safety.

This is yet another good reason why I strongly believe that nurses who practice medicine such as NP's should be under the umbrella of boards of medicine. The public would be far better protected.

Never mind.