Board prep suggestion

Started by CD15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CD15

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

Do you have suggestions on the most high yield and value for time method and resources for passing both hem and onc boards?

I am feeling a bit scared.

Thanks
 
By now I know I learn best doing questions. I was planning on using this q-bank: Hematology Oncology

Was hoping to get through this doing an hr of questions a day or so - and then use ASH-SAP, ASCO-SEP, NCCN, UTD to fill in learning gaps as I do questions. Then have time to re-review struggle topics I know I need to memorize for the boards (ALL, benign heme, etc) as well as the stuff heavily tested per the Blueprints (breast, lung, GU...)

I've heard about other resources - GW course, MSKCC review etc but I find it kinda overwhelming to be overloaded with too much.

The q-bank I picked may not be the best resource, but I'm hoping will be enough to pass the boards...
 
By now I know I learn best doing questions. I was planning on using this q-bank: Hematology Oncology

Was hoping to get through this doing an hr of questions a day or so - and then use ASH-SAP, ASCO-SEP, NCCN, UTD to fill in learning gaps as I do questions. Then have time to re-review struggle topics I know I need to memorize for the boards (ALL, benign heme, etc) as well as the stuff heavily tested per the Blueprints (breast, lung, GU...)

I've heard about other resources - GW course, MSKCC review etc but I find it kinda overwhelming to be overloaded with too much.

The q-bank I picked may not be the best resource, but I'm hoping will be enough to pass the boards...
It's a great one. Between that and the ASCO/ASH SEP Q-Banks, if you do well with doing questions, you'll be just fine.