Board Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thehemeonckid

Reaction score
Just finished fellowship. Taking my hematology and oncology boards soon. What Qbanks do you guys recommend? I’m running through the HOQB right now, the GWU lectures and the ASCO n ASH books.

Members don't see this ad.

What lecture videos are the best? I've only had exposure to MD Anderson, they seem pretty good. Don't know much about others.

Members don't see this ad :)
What lecture videos are the best? I've only had exposure to MD Anderson, they seem pretty good. Don't know much about others.
That sounds like some next level hell honestly.

I suspect the MDACC ones are just fine if that's the way you learn though.

I think GWU are pretty well respected. In fellowship, we would do the MD Anderson ones occasionally. I actually went to the MSK board review course this past march and think GWU is still better.

I have access to HemeOncQuestions.com, the GW videos, and MD Anderson videos. Trying to get through each of these between now and Oct 23/24. No time to delve into the ASCO and ASH textbooks at this point. Anyone else have any test prep strategies?

I have access to HemeOncQuestions.com, the GW videos, and MD Anderson videos. Trying to get through each of these between now and Oct 23/24. No time to delve into the ASCO and ASH textbooks at this point. Anyone else have any test prep strategies?
Use whatever has worked for you in the past. At this point, you've taken at least 4 of these high-stakes exams. You should have a good idea of your study/success style.

I only used HemOncQuestions and ASCO-SEP. Videos would drive me insane.

You've got more than enough at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with GutOnc, Active learning has always been the way to go. If I can do the q bank forwards and backwards, and recite the answers in my sleep, then that's probably enough for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Passed Med Onc boards! Now if only they'd release the Heme scores.

Used the HemeOncQuestions website for practice, along with the GW videos. Had I started studying earlier, I would have used ASH-SAP and ASCO-SEP more during fellowship, but not enough time to cram those books towards the end of my study prep.

Reactions: 1 users