Board scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetalkr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do we find out? I am so sick of waiting. I want to sign up for the orals!

Members don't see this ad.

When do we find out? I am so sick of waiting. I want to sign up for the orals!
Oh... you didn't get the memo? You didn't pass. Sorry. I guess they got our addresses mixed up and sent it to my house instead. :D

Seriously, though... I'm sure you did great. Hope your new gig is treating you right, you are missing some nice cool weather up here! Have fun rocking the orals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there somewhere on the aba website to check? Didn't it come out last year on October 1st?

Is there somewhere on the aba website to check? Didn't it come out last year on October 1st?

You can check on the ABA website but nothing will be there until you are sent an email letting you know the scores have been released. After the email, you log into your portal account to check - at least this is how it was 2 years ago when I took them.

What date were the scores released two years ago? It will give us some idea of when they will be released this year. Should be any day now it seems...

The ABA 2008 Part 1 Examination Results have been posted to the portal accountsThursday, September 18, 2008 3:05 PM

The 2008 results were available well before October.

Cambie

so has anyone heard? i heard from a friend that her friend found out she had not passed via the ABA website. are they informing those candidates earlier?

so has anyone heard? i heard from a friend that her friend found out she had not passed via the ABA website. are they informing those candidates earlier?

Wow, had not heard that. No offense to this friend of a friend, but I hope that's true. I've checked the ABA website a few times in the past week. I am sure they'll send an email out when the results are ready.

Last edited:
I will preface this as JUST a rumor.

In talking with a fellow today whose husband took orals last week, she said that the story he heard was that they are still trying to determine the "curve" for this years test. Apparently they had some of the oral examiners take the written exam in order to develop the curve.

I have no idea if this is true, but I thought I'd post it and let you decide. If it is true, it may be a while before results are posted.

In talking with a fellow today whose husband took orals last week, she said that the story he heard was that they are still trying to determine the "curve" for this years test. Apparently they had some of the oral examiners take the written exam in order to develop the curve.

I have no idea if this is true, but I thought I'd post it and let you decide. If it is true, it may be a while before results are posted.

:xf:

this is ridiculous

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't you all get the email from the ABA right after you took the exam?

"You will receive an email from the ABA no later than October 16, 2010 letting you know that you may view a PASS or FAIL result online through your ABA Online Portal Account. Your complete Part 1 examination results will be mailed no later than October 23, 2010."

...should be about a week at the latest.

Didn't you all get the email from the ABA right after you took the exam?

"You will receive an email from the ABA no later than October 16, 2010 letting you know that you may view a PASS or FAIL result online through your ABA Online Portal Account. Your complete Part 1 examination results will be mailed no later than October 23, 2010."

...should be about a week at the latest.

We all got the email. I think the frustration lies in the fact that:

• last year, result were posted on October 6th.
  • 2008 results were posted before October.
  • previous pencil and paper written exam scores were available in early September.

So, as technology improves, the process has gotten slower.

We all got the email. I think the frustration lies in the fact that:

• last year, result were posted on October 6th.
  • 2008 results were posted before October.
  • previous pencil and paper written exam scores were available in early September.

So, as technology improves, the process has gotten slower.

:thumbup:

ridiculous. where are our scores?

ridiculous. where are our scores?

Strange how every year took less time to report the scores.

Someone earlier did state that we should chill...The ABA has until Oct 16th to report pass/fail. It's hard not to check the ABA website q5 mins though! :D

I'm betting we'll find out saturday. 10 weeks to grade a test...rediculous.

It's very frustrating that the day after the test they announced it would be by the 16th and now it appears it will be announced on the 15th or 16th. Our general surgery colleagues received their results in approx. 2 weeks. The board has not provided any transparency nor reason for this sort of delay, and they charged us a ridiculous sum for this poor service. I am sure there are some stats to run and some questions need to be reviewed, but seeing as this is computer based and they had our raw scores minutes after we took the test, there is really no good reason for a 10 week delay.

While I was listening to audio blue I thought Jenson was being a bit harsh with his criticism of our board... This is certainly making me think he might have been right.

It's very frustrating that the day after the test they announced it would be by the 16th and now it appears it will be announced on the 15th or 16th. Our general surgery colleagues received their results in approx. 2 weeks. The board has not provided any transparency nor reason for this sort of delay, and they charged us a ridiculous sum for this poor service. I am sure there are some stats to run and some questions need to be reviewed, but seeing as this is computer based and they had our raw scores minutes after we took the test, there is really no good reason for a 10 week delay.

While I was listening to audio blue I thought Jenson was being a bit harsh with his criticism of our board... This is certainly making me think he might have been right.

It wasn't long ago that they botched the ITE norm tables and mailed out the wrong numbers.

Better that they take their time ...

Nothing. And it wouldn't shock me if there's nothing tomorrow either. Who posts results for ANYTHING on a Saturday?

my assumption is that they want to avoid a stream of calls, etc. so thats exactly when they will be updated

I think we are being a little bit pessimistic here. They DID state on or before October 16th, which for some reason is a Saturday. Did someone get a date wrong? Good luck to everyone who took the "quiz" in August.

My email is down. Someone please tell me when they finally post the results. thanks!

That's it I cannot wait anymore ... I want my scores now... WTF

I think the board office closes at 5 in Raleigh. Looks like we'll have to wait at least one more day.

Nice girl on the phone: "It won't be today. My understanding is the scores will be posted tomorrow. You will get an email."

As for the people the nice girl works for, I wonder how it must feel to get paid for a job you get progressively worse at each year? What a joke.