Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Board Simulator Series- helpful?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Perzian, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Perzian

Perzian Member
    7+ Year Member

Can someone comment on these questions. How many are there, and do they prepare you well for the boards?

Also, is the CD the same questions as the book?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. neilc

neilc 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

i just had the CD questions...they were good. tougher than both q-bank and the real test, with a different format. but, if you can learn the material on them, it is quite helpful. nowhere near as good as q-bank, but a decent source of questions.

4. NewGuyBob

NewGuyBob Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think the BBS is the best, most comprehensive and detailed step 1 review. If you have time and stamina you should do them twice learning the explanations.
    I just wish there was a similar review for step 2 :mad: I'm using Swanson's, and Brochert's Platinum Vignettes, but don't feel as prepared as for step 1. Good Luck!

5. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    tough, tough, tough...classic Goljan questions (I see a few repeats on Pathology tests every once in a while).

I would be a little wary of the dated quality of these questions (pub. 1997) but the science is still good. Some of the really new science may not be up-to-date. Overall, the hardest, most comprehensive review available. A great interface also.

btw, the book questions and the CD questions are identical.