Board Simulator Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone use these...? some of the administrative people at our school said that they're awesome books cuz the questions are so damn hard and the explanations are great... personally, i feel like a dumb ass when i do the questions....are these books anygood? has anyone NOT use these books and do really well on step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

I like them, just because there are so many questions and they are pretty hard. Plus two of our profs wrote them, so it kind of puts things in perspective a little. I am of the opinion that any extra questions are good. I am sure there are plenty of people that have done well without these books, but if you have access, why not use them?

I did the BSS... I think there were four tests in each book? I did between 1-2. I woudl score between 40-60%. Fear not, though, as I ended up doing well on Step I.

Q, DO

I have th CD version which is great. It takes the 3500+ questions and prepares simulated 50-question blocks based on your settings. It is very good. You can probably find it on ebay.

I purchased this series used from an upperclassman and never used them. Besides the hassle of page turning and dealing with ascinine questions that test subject too specific for studying purposes, you also have to take into account lugging these heavy books around. You might feel like studying GI in the morning but change your mind after lunch. That's the great thing about q bank, it's accessible anywhere you have internet access. Just stick with q bank and redo the questions that you get wrong after you finish if you still have time and want to do more questions.