Boards 2011 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would not rescore. Before the exam was on computers I might have considered it, but now? How could anything possibly change?

Yeah, I am fully aware that things would not change whatsoever. I just don't have any experience with this and was just looking for some insight from others here who may have heard something. It was a long-shot.

I plan to just re-take the AP again this October since I came pretty close to passing. I have to say that I wasn't very surprised at the results, but I was surprised at how badly I did do on heme AP -- a subject matter that I considered one of my strengths. I'm not going to think that if I had done what I expected to do on that section, I actually might not be out $1800.

But for anyone who is taking this exam this coming October/June 2012... while it's a dreadful exam, you have a very good shot at passing. Again, congrats to everyone who passed. To those who didn't get the results they were expecting, it's not the end of the world.

Members don't see this ad.

If you get a rescore, would be nice to know if it changes anything. Personally I agree it's highly unlikely to change, but $50 is a lot less than $1200 or whatever it is for a single re-sit these days and it otherwise doesn't hurt you.

I considered (or may still consider) asking for a re-score just out of curiosity. I could then, at least, tell everyone here what happened like you said :)

And I do wish a single re-sit these days costs $1200... sadly, it says $1800... Unless something changed on their website?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else waiting for a fall specialty exam date in lieu of their spring AP/CP results? They told me i wouldnt get a date (but ofcouse they happily collected my $1800) until the spring test was scored. Now that I have AP/CP done when should I expect a date for the specialty test?

@cmz -- You were so friggin close, it kills me. The AP written was such a B*&C^. You seem like you have a really good head on your shoulders and such a positive outlook on the situation. I really do wish you the best, and I know you will definitely pass in October!

By a miracle I passed!! @Sirenomelia, I have the same question...post it if you find out.

passed. Can't imagine how I passed the practical section, but I'm not gonna ask questions!

I've been searching the ABP website and can't seem to find an answer, so hopefully someone here can help. I passed AP, and now I need to register for my subspecialty. So, I click on the "Subspecialty" tab in Pathway, and the only option is for 2010. No sign of a registration form for 2011.

So then I find this in one of the many obscurely worded documents:

"A candidate for the Spring primary examinations who wishes to apply for a subspecialty examination in the same year may submit the subspecialty application prior to the May 15 deadline. If the candidate is successful in the primary examination, the ABP will process the application for the subspecialty
examination. If the candidate is not successful, he/she will be notified and the subspecialty examination fee will be refunded."

I registered for a combo certification- does that mean that since I passed they will automatically assign me a subspecialty exam date?

And then there's this inane notice on the home page:

8/1/11 - 2011 Spring primary results have been posted.
7/6/11 - 2011 Subspecialty Date Assignments have been posted.

How can they assign subspecialty dates to candidates before the candidates even know if they've passed the primary?

Why does the ABP make me feel so stupid?

when can we get that certification?

I've been searching the ABP website and can't seem to find an answer, so hopefully someone here can help. I passed AP, and now I need to register for my subspecialty. So, I click on the "Subspecialty" tab in Pathway, and the only option is for 2010. No sign of a registration form for 2011.

So then I find this in one of the many obscurely worded documents:

"A candidate for the Spring primary examinations who wishes to apply for a subspecialty examination in the same year may submit the subspecialty application prior to the May 15 deadline. If the candidate is successful in the primary examination, the ABP will process the application for the subspecialty
examination. If the candidate is not successful, he/she will be notified and the subspecialty examination fee will be refunded."

I registered for a combo certification- does that mean that since I passed they will automatically assign me a subspecialty exam date?

And then there's this inane notice on the home page:

8/1/11 - 2011 Spring primary results have been posted.
7/6/11 - 2011 Subspecialty Date Assignments have been posted.

How can they assign subspecialty dates to candidates before the candidates even know if they've passed the primary?

Why does the ABP make me feel so stupid?

You have to have already signed up for and (most importantly) paid for the subspecialty test for this year by the posted spring deadline to sit for the 2011 fall specialty exam. If you then passed primary than you need to go to the studpid pathway thing and there is probably some small print psuedo-hidden cryptic message demanding you resubmit some inane document they already have. Once they are satisfied they have wasted several more hours of your time and generated the compulsory level of annoyance and aggravation that is the basis of their existence then you should get a specialty exam date posted on your pathway account.