bhop

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2004
Status
I need some honest advice re: the peds boards. My main studying has been using the medstudy qbank and laughing and I am using the PREP questions as practice exams. I have heard multiple times that > 75% on these is really what you want to be getting in order to pass the actual exam. I did 2013 and did 72% a couple of weeks ago and did 2014 today and did 71.6%. The questions are a bit frustrating and dont seem to really reflect all that well what I am reading in LYW or the medstudy qbank. Has anyone on here passed the boards without getting consistently >75% on the PREP exams? TIA.

Stitch

Jedi Ninja Wizard
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2002
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
It's hard to focus on an exact percent. Those sources are all pretty good and 72% isn't bad. It's true the questions are often not all that clinically relevant, but that's also true of Board questions in general. I felt the PREP questions, though a bit longer than what you'll see on the Boards, were good preparation. I think they list the percentage of people that got the question right on the first try, and that may give you a better idea on how you're doing compared to others. Make sure you read the explanations thoroughly though.

Reactions: jonb12997

Stitch

Jedi Ninja Wizard
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2002
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Do people do PREP during PGY2 and medstudy Qbank during PGY3?
There's not really a time frame. You just need to find a consistent system that works for you.