Boards Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stella97

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a second year starting in august and I am very anxious about boards part one. I am not the best test taker and I wanted to get some tips on how I should start studying and what materials others have found to be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Start by reviewing past material slowly while doing board vitals questions per day (from Jan). Read up on it in the following 2 threads.
Thanks to @bobtheweazel and others for their contribution.

Reactions: 1 users
Since you likely did lower extremity anatomy fairly recently, I'd advise keeping up on that every day of second year. Do 10 minutes a day of reviewing through your notes. When it comes time to really start studying for the board all you will need is a quick review of LEA, and then you can then put your time into the more difficult things like pharm and micro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who dares summon me?

But yeah, look at the above mentioned threads. Slow and steady wins the race I'd say, the more you wait the more you'll really have to cram which can get super stressful and I assure you even if you started studying right this minute (don't do that) you still wouldn't feel fully prepared by the time test day rolls around. Regardless, you'll probably feel super unprepared heading into the exam. But the sooner you start (early in the semester leading up to the exam) the more confident you'll feel during and after the exam and realistically the higher your chances of passing. Study time is probably the one biggest factor in success, pretty much the only people who ever fail this exam are the ones who simply don't allot enough study time—going on vacation before the exam, just waiting till a few weeks prior to start studying, etc.

Reactions: 4 users
Who dares summon me?

But yeah, look at the above mentioned threads. Slow and steady wins the race I'd say, the more you wait the more you'll really have to cram which can get super stressful and I assure you even if you started studying right this minute (don't do that) you still wouldn't feel fully prepared by the time test day rolls around. Regardless, you'll probably feel super unprepared heading into the exam. But the sooner you start (early in the semester leading up to the exam) the more confident you'll feel during and after the exam and realistically the higher your chances of passing. Study time is probably the one biggest factor in success, pretty much the only people who ever fail this exam are the ones who simply don't allot enough study time—going on vacation before the exam, just waiting till a few weeks prior to start studying, etc.

Really glad you were able to take a min for SDN :hattip:

If you have some free time now or in the future, then please consider doing an AMA (in the prepod forum) for the prospective and current students.
We'd all appreciate your insight!