Boards Soon...Last Minute Advice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Residency Pleas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
The boards are in just over 2 weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what to try to cram in before the deadline. Other than doing a bunch of PREP questions between now and then, any suggestions? High yield topics I should get down cold in the days before the test, random charts that came up more than you expected they would, any good cramming resources floating around the internet?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone taking the exam!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,
The boards are in just over 2 weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what to try to cram in before the deadline. Other than doing a bunch of PREP questions between now and then, any suggestions? High yield topics I should get down cold in the days before the test, random charts that came up more than you expected they would, any good cramming resources floating around the internet?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone taking the exam!

PREP questions are your best bet at this time in my opinion. This will get you into the groove prior to test day. On your PREP tests, read through all the answers - both the ones you get right and the ones you get wrong.

There were really no particular "high yield" topics in my opinion. Its more about your overall knowledge and how good of a test taker you are.

Best of luck!

What should someone be averaging on the Prep questions to be somewhat confident that they'll pass the Boards?

Members don't see this ad :)
What should someone be averaging on the Prep questions to be somewhat confident that they'll pass the Boards?

Most sources will tell you to shoot for a 75% on Prep. That would put you in a fairly safe and comfortable spot. With that said, there are plenty of people who will score in the mid to upper 60's on Prep and still pass.

Yes, low to mid 70s on PREP should get you to pass. I think practice questions are very helpful because they help to practice doing the questions (though knowing the answer is helpful too). Like all standardized testing, if you practice at understanding how to interpret a question "most likely", "least likely", "best answer", "more unlikely", yadda yadda, your chance of picking the right answer is all the better whether you are sure of your answer or not.