Boards Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sparklystu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Unfortunately I didn't do too hot on my third year ITE, 76% chance of passing, yikes! This being said, I have not been studying as I should have been during second year...I take accountability for that. Anyway, I realize I am a year out now from taking my boards and would like thoughts on helping to formulate a study plan that I can stick to. Third year is relatively better in terms of I know I can study and am setting my mind to it now. I am applying to fellowship and if things work out I know it will be busy come the fall so I don't want to fall into a trap of not being well prepared and then doing poorly. Can any of you provide thoughts on what might work to start studying? I have a Nelson Review book, Med Study flashcards, Prep Questions, and access to some MedStudy Questions. I realize I should pick one source and stick to it for now but always have trouble with question:review source ratio. Does anyone have thoughts on how to structure studying at this point?

Any suggestions you have would be super appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So did you pass? I'm currently using TrueLearn Pediatric Boards qBank as well.

So did you pass? I'm currently using TrueLearn Pediatric Boards qBank as well.

Yes. I got a 219 scaled score. Passing is 180. They don’t give you percentiles on the score report but I was about a standard deviation above the mean judging by the normogram they give you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN