Boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pccm_guy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should board scores come out?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No kidding. First question had me stumped. I can usually tell what the question is asking by how leading the stem is, but a lot of the stems were so vague I really had no idea what they were looking for. It seemed like a lot of the questions were judgement calls.

No kidding. First question had me stumped. I can usually tell what the question is asking by how leading the stem is, but a lot of the stems were so vague I really had no idea what they were looking for. It seemed like a lot of the questions were judgement calls.
It seemed like many of the answers would be correct or something that would be done in clinical practice. And I agree the questions were very vague or on the flip side simple medical jeopardy.

Did anyone else think the pulmonary boards were absolutely absurd?

Did anyone else think the pulmonary boards were absolutely absurd?
Yes. That was my experience as well as the impression of the other fellows in my program that took the test.
However, I think we should be reassured with the pass rate being >95%.
Its a poorly written test that IMO has no correlation to clinical knowledge, but in all likelihood we passed.

Yes. That was my experience as well as the impression of the other fellows in my program that took the test.
However, I think we should be reassured with the pass rate being >95%.
Its a poorly written test that IMO has no correlation to clinical knowledge, but in all likelihood we passed.

I agree completely. Thank you.

Last year's pass rate was like 98% for first-time takers. I'm sure everyone here passed.