USMLE BoardVitals vs ABMOSS vs ArcherReview vs KAPLAN for USMLE STEP 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1stant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I failed USMLE step 3 exam 4 times now. Today I got my 4th score report. I realized that I memorized UW questions by now, and there is probably little utility in doing it again. I'm exploring other Q banks and stumbled upon these 4 Qbanks. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these Q banks, and which one is better.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
After every attempt need to wait 6 months for next one by that time you fit in to the 4 attempt already. Call and ask them that question. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
After every attempt need to wait 6 months for next one by that time you fit in to the 4 attempt already. Call and ask them that question. Good luck to you.
I called them. They allowed me one final attempt. Basically, the policy is as follows: You're not allowed to REGISTER for a fifth attempt AFTER July 1st, 2021. But you're allowed to SIT for a fifth attempt after July 1st, 2021.

Hello,

I failed USMLE step 3 exam 4 times now. Today I got my 4th score report. I realized that I memorized UW questions by now, and there is probably little utility in doing it again. I'm exploring other Q banks and stumbled upon these 4 Qbanks. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these Q banks, and which one is better.
Sorry to hear.. may I ask wat felt more difficult ? Ccs or mcq? The exam feels more tough everyday

Hello,

Hello,

I just passed on fourth attempt. I totally understand what u r going thru. I did amboss free 5 day trial.. u can do as many as 1000 quest free. It is useful becos it links to background information on the quest. Did archer questions - 1 month, listened to a few archer CC’s videos , Ccs cases for practice. But CCs are for practice.. do not concentrate on vaccine orders concentrate on actual case first, vaccines, colonoscopy etc in the end if there is time. My score report showed same performance in MCQs but high performance in ccs this time.
Also, I realized that Uworld questions are not repeated but the concept is.. so u have to go back and brush up the topic.
Also, since I had no study partner it was difficult to remember the required theory.. I listened to a lot of online med Ed free videos and Paul bolin free u tube step 2 topics.
For day 1 Neil randy you tube biostatistics has to be done. Flip thru a pharmacy book for drugs , receptors acted on, adverse effects. Look thru a micro book to refresh on bacteria... I mean keep one or 2 days to look thru text books familiar to you, so recollection is easier. Start writing points difficult to remember and flip thru it frequently. Lastly, join a step 3 group either fb or watsap.. keeps u motivated and lots of information.
Pls remember that is a difficult exam and the ones who pass on first attempt or with only few weeks of study are either lucky or brilliant.. I am neither.. it took me a lot of study.. day and night whenever time was there. Hang in, study and pray.. u can do it.

Above is not an advertisement but I was cash strapped and used all free available videos. God bless those doctors who took the time to make them and kept them free

Hello,

Try ArcherReview! They have great private tutoring especially for Step 3

I've tried the AMBOSS qbank and it seems pretty good; a good mix of easier, moderate, and difficult questions

Do these notes contain copyrighted material from UW or MTB or any third party?

Last edited by a moderator: