Boggled minds and the admiss. process...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSuga

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Is anyone else shocked that this process is way more random than you expected? I always thought undergrad. admissions was a crapshoot, but thought med school was more of a numbers game, making it somewhat more predictable. After reading months of posts about people getting accepted to/interviewed at top schools and waitlisted or rejected at lesser-known schools, I've come to realize that this whole thing is more f**ed up that I ever imagined. Am I the only one who is just coming to realize this??

Members don't see this ad.

TOTAL CRAPSHOOT! There is no method to the madnesss. Undergrad admissions was FAR less random. At least we knew we'd get in somewhere probably based on our qualifications. I don't doubt that the people who get in are qualified, but since there are so many people who don't get in that are qualified also, those decisions are so unpredictable. Not enough redheads this week? Need someone interested in AIDS prevention research next week? Sure...

Maybe we're just supposed to get used to uncertainty - we'll see enough of it when we get to be doctors :)