Book question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PluckyDuk8

Pluck of all Plucks
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly to which forum to post this to, so I'm trying here first...

I am going to be working this summer after I finish M1 on the public ambulances in a country abroad, which I have done 2 times before. Some of their rigs have a doctor aboard and a huge variety of drugs for the doctors to choose from, and I'm trying to volunteer on those ambulances (I have an equivalent of an EMT-I there). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reference book to take with me so that as I go along and see certain cases I can read up on the pathology, pharmacolgy, treatment, etc. behind it (things that I will have to learn next year). It can't be too heavy because I will be carrying it around in my backpack all day. I have baby Robbins and may be taking that with me. I have been thinking about Baby Tintinalli but haven't been able to get my hands on one to look at it (can somebody please verify that that book is called "emergency medicine manual?"). Anybody suggest it or any other EM books? Also, hopefully this will be a book that I can use again later on during a EM rotation and will not be overly expensive.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

PluckyDuk8 said:
I don't know exactly to which forum to post this to, so I'm trying here first...

I am going to be working this summer after I finish M1 on the public ambulances in a country abroad, which I have done 2 times before. Some of their rigs have a doctor aboard and a huge variety of drugs for the doctors to choose from, and I'm trying to volunteer on those ambulances (I have an equivalent of an EMT-I there). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reference book to take with me so that as I go along and see certain cases I can read up on the pathology, pharmacolgy, treatment, etc. behind it (things that I will have to learn next year). It can't be too heavy because I will be carrying it around in my backpack all day. I have baby Robbins and may be taking that with me. I have been thinking about Baby Tintinalli but haven't been able to get my hands on one to look at it (can somebody please verify that that book is called "emergency medicine manual?"). Anybody suggest it or any other EM books? Also, hopefully this will be a book that I can use again later on during a EM rotation and will not be overly expensive.

Thanks.

I've got an extra "baby tintinalli" (last years ed.). Yours free for the asking. PM me.

- H

5 Minute Emergency Medicine Consult.... The book is heavy, but the Palm version is noticebly lighter :)