Book Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acerbus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one have any suggestions on a textbooks for family medicine in residency? I just finished intern year and I would like to incorporate more reading into my schedule. Particularly any suggestions on textbooks for common office procedures, dermatology, and/or psych aimed at family med? I appreciate any recommendations!

Members don't see this ad.

Would also like to ask for any recommendations for inpatient medicine! First call shift is coming up in a week, and I would like to have another resource besides up to date to read over conditions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with Fowlers for procedures. Habif's Clinical Dermatology is great to have. I like netters concise orthopedic anatomy for ckinical reference MSK stuff. Harriet Lane's for peds. Fracture management for primary care is good if you see any of that.
I never did any text for inpatient eards stuff. I carred the pocket guide but rarely used it...i tended to read up to date or AFP articles on a topic, or would go to a primary source or society guidelines for anything more specific.

Reactions: 1 user
Part of primary care, as a specialty, is the training to find specialty specific info quickly, which only sometimes comes from a book. Agree with all of teacherman’s book picks.

For example when I was wards senior, Id want the intern to pull something from IDSA (when they had time, which I tried to help with, with varying degrees of success....)