GATORANALYST

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
A friend of mine has recommended this book-

Clinical Study Guide for the Oral Boards in Psychiatry by Nathan R. Strahl (Paperback - Aug 30, 2008)

He used it for the Oral boards but he also recommends it even if your one of the newer residents that's exempt from the oral boards. Has anyone used it and found it to be useful? He says its great for diagnosis and medications as well.

He also recommended Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Therapy (Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Therapy (Hyman/ Arana)) by Lawrence A Labbate, Maurizio Fava, Jerrold F Rosenbaum, and George W Arana (Paperback - Aug 1, 2009)
-this is the newer edition,6th, which will be released in Aug
for psychopharm- he said it's like having an attending in your pocket. Anyone use this book and have good things to say-or bad...

cheers:laugh:

Last edited:

billypilgrim37

Unstuck in Time
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
He also recommended Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Therapy (Handbook of Psychiatric Drug Therapy (Hyman/ Arana)) by Lawrence A Labbate, Maurizio Fava, Jerrold F Rosenbaum, and George W Arana (Paperback - Aug 1, 2009)
-this is the newer edition,6th, which will be released in Aug
for psychopharm- he said it's like having an attending in your pocket. Anyone use this book and have good things to say-or bad...
This is the only book I carry in my bag, and I'll have the new one at my door August 1 from Amazon.

Chrismander

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
This is the only book I carry in my bag, and I'll have the new one at my door August 1 from Amazon.
Does it include suggested titration and down-titration schedules? I've found that to be the one thing most other books don't cover too well...