Bookbags on test day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RisingSun

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we keep bookbags with us in the testing room? I would like to pack a E-drink to slam between PS and verbal so that I am juiced up for the verbal section. Could I put it in my bookbag and access it during the break?

Members don't see this ad.

when i took the test they let us put our bookbags on the sides of the room and were accessible during all breaks.

hopster said:
when i took the test they let us put our bookbags on the sides of the room and were accessible during all breaks.

Same here

Are we allowed to eat in the classroom during the 10 minute breaks or do we have to go outside to eat a snack or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
njmd55 said:
Are we allowed to eat in the classroom during the 10 minute breaks or do we have to go outside to eat a snack or something?

They made us go outside of the room to eat... but they weren't too strict. By the last break we could have snacks at our desk. And they let us keep our backpack or purse (I guess if you're a girl) right next to us. It really depends on the proctor you get and not on the test center.

RisingSun said:
Can we keep bookbags with us in the testing room? I would like to pack a E-drink to slam between PS and verbal so that I am juiced up for the verbal section. Could I put it in my bookbag and access it during the break?

The let me put my bookbag and lunch right beside the desk I was sitting at during the April administration.

in April they made us put all our bookbags at the front of the room.

and we could only eat/drink during the breaks, outside of the room.

im thinking of taking one of those tiny "5 hour energy" type drinks before each section to keep zoned... that way i'll get the caffeine w/o the water, and hopefully wont have to pee 10 minutes later.

MyInitialsAreJC said:
im thinking of taking one of those tiny "5 hour energy" type drinks before each section to keep zoned... that way i'll get the caffeine w/o the water, and hopefully wont have to pee 10 minutes later.
Be sure to try that out during a practice test if you haven't already.

what are these drinks you speak of? never heard of em... maybe ill try them out during a practice test, see how it goes

notdeadyet said:
Be sure to try that out during a practice test if you haven't already.

Did it today while taking 4R. It went really well. I took the PS, VR, and PS back to back w/ about 10 minute breaks and only started to wear down toward the end of BS when my phone was blowin up (i use it as a timer so i notice whenever someone calls), and one some girl came and sat at the table next to me and started to use a kid's calculator that BEEPS EVERY TIME SHE PRESSES A BUTTON. so i moved, messaged a friend back, and still finished on time!

and i only had to pee in the middle of PS.

ctgxant - the drinks im talking about are real small, maybe the size of a small precription bottle. theres one called 5 hour energy that you can get at 7-11 for like three dollars but you can get a similar one at walmart for about a buck. find them over in the sports supplements near the pharmacy - theyre by the protein bars.

MyInitialsAreJC said:
Did it today while taking 4R. It went really well. I took the PS, VR, and PS back to back w/ about 10 minute breaks and only started to wear down toward the end of BS when my phone was blowin up (i use it as a timer so i notice whenever someone calls), and one some girl came and sat at the table next to me and started to use a kid's calculator that BEEPS EVERY TIME SHE PRESSES A BUTTON. so i moved, messaged a friend back, and still finished on time!

and i only had to pee in the middle of PS.

ctgxant - the drinks im talking about are real small, maybe the size of a small precription bottle. theres one called 5 hour energy that you can get at 7-11 for like three dollars but you can get a similar one at walmart for about a buck. find them over in the sports supplements near the pharmacy - theyre by the protein bars.

that seems like a good deal, but maybe an energy bar is just as good or better with no liquid, but doesn't caffeine in any form make you have to pee?

Dr. Josh said:
that seems like a good deal, but maybe an energy bar is just as good or better with no liquid, but doesn't caffeine in any form make you have to pee?

im really particular about what and when i eat. id be geeky enough to call it an 'eating strategy.' not for the mcat, just in general. energy bars are usually just sugar, im not big on eating sugar for energy.

yeah caffeine makes you have to pee. i typically drink a lot of water, and a lot of caffeinated beverages. so i pee a lot. the idea for test day is to not drown myself in water the morning of the test (like i usually do). so if i drink the more concentrated caffeine, there'll be less water to move into my bladder, and less likely that i'll expereince "oh crap i have to go now"

MyInitialsAreJC said:
im really particular about what and when i eat. id be geeky enough to call it an 'eating strategy.' not for the mcat, just in general. energy bars are usually just sugar, im not big on eating sugar for energy.

yeah caffeine makes you have to pee. i typically drink a lot of water, and a lot of caffeinated beverages. so i pee a lot. the idea for test day is to not drown myself in water the morning of the test (like i usually do). so if i drink the more concentrated caffeine, there'll be less water to move into my bladder, and less likely that i'll expereince "oh crap i have to go now"

Caffeine blocks ADH, so it doesn't matter on the size of your caffeinated beverage (to some extent). You will drain your own h20. (sorry don't mean to be an a$$)