Books abour brand/generic drugs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grimm

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Maybe there is a book about generic/brand drugs (and also problems about these drugs to people), what pharmacy students should know and etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Maybe there is a book about generic/brand drugs (and also problems about these drugs to people), what pharmacy students should know and etc?
Maybe not.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't read Internet forums about conspiracy theorists brand vs generic drugs.
This type of info should be in one of your early/intro pharmaceutics classes.
Just know what a narrow therapeutic index drug is & which ones are commonly used

Hello,

Well, first we'd have to know what drugs are available in your country.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless this is a historical topic, bioequivalence topics are best covered in the Hauschke 2007 for new to the topic and Yu and Li or Shargel and Kanfer (not the PK book that Shargel and Yu write together) at a practicing level for SMEs. There's only articles for biologics biosimilar studies.

You probably want to talk to Unchained, s/he can definitely fill you in on "problems".

Well I'm going to write a bachelor about generic and brand drugs. So I'm trying to get info from scholar/books about it, to be more specific what theme to create and also understand more about brand/generic drugs.

Well I'm going to write a bachelor about generic and brand drugs. So I'm trying to get info from scholar/books about it, to be more specific what theme to create and also understand more about brand/generic drugs.
ABC's The Bachelor?

Reactions: 2 users
ABC's The Bachelor?
I would watch Pharmacy's "The Bachelor(ette)" if it meant I got to watch weekly conversations between Unchained, sosoo, PaToPharmD, and SHC1984 as they tried to impress people. All of their interactions tend to be with people who have critical thinking skills, I want to see them go up against one another.

Reactions: 1 user
The stickler for efficiency in me hates it, but the inner a-hole in me always kinda enjoyed this conversation:

Me: that’ll be $9
Patient: that’s the real thing, right? I can’t take none of that fake s@!t [chewing tobacco spit running down corner of mouth]
Me: So you want the brand name? Give me just a moment

*reprocess with brand, DAW 2, fill, verify, return to patient*

Me: that’ll be $179.99
Patient: Huh?!?! That don’t make sense