Books for cardiology rotation as an MS4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm pumped to be doing a cardiology rotation at Mayo later in my fourth year of medical school. It looks like it will mostly be doing consults. Any suggestions as to a good textbook to use? Any good pocket guides? Things to read up on? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Adcadet

Members don't see this ad.

Adcadet said:
Hey all,
I'm pumped to be doing a cardiology rotation at Mayo later in my fourth year of medical school. It looks like it will mostly be doing consults. Any suggestions as to a good textbook to use? Any good pocket guides? Things to read up on? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Adcadet

make sure you buy a bunch of sports jackets. :)

tibor75 said:
make sure you buy a bunch of sports jackets. :)

and dockers.

for reading, you might check out:

Pathophysiology of Heart Disease: A Collaborative Project of Medical Students and Faculty (Paperback)
by Harvard Medical School (Corporate Author), Leonard S., M.D. Lilly (Editor)

i thought it was great as a student, as a resident, and am still browsing through it before i start cardiology fellowship.

p diddy

I have heard that "Clinical Cardiology Made Ridiculously Simple (MedMaster Series 2006 Edition)" is pretty good. It has nice reviews on amazon. The other book mentioned has a new version coming out this year so I was going to hold off on that one for now. Any opinions on the ridiculously simple book?