- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Cardiology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Cardiology Boards 2023
Started by Egghead34
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted980918
Whether you over or under code, you have to get most of the major diagnosis correct.
I scored 680 on day one. For day two, I watched Mayo videos for coding, and I may have over-coded EKGs. Still, I passed day two by the thinnest of margins; it's ridiculous; I could have failed just because of this ****ty way of assessing knowledge about echo, EKGs, and caths.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations on passing. Any advice for day 1? I failed day one by a thin marginI scored 680 on day one. For day two, I watched Mayo videos for coding, and I may have over-coded EKGs. Still, I passed day two by the thinnest of margins; it's ridiculous; I could have failed just because of this ****ty way of assessing knowledge about echo, EKGs, and caths.
cardiologyboardssuck
New Member
I got all the major diagnosis. And still failed day 2 when I’ve passed all my other exams including day 1 with a greater than 95th percentile score!!Whether you over or under code, you have to get most of the major diagnosis correct.
Yeah not sure how they score this ****I got all the major diagnosis. And still failed day 2 when I’ve passed all my other exams including day 1 with a greater than 95th percentile score!!
I honestly thought I'd fail day # 2, since I was the recipient of their blasphemy mistake. I passed, but I agree there is no transparency on how to prepare for day #2. Even Mayo doesnt know. For the cost of this exam, the time spent studying for it such mistakes are unacceptable. I'll recommend watching Mayo coding sheet, ecgonline and okeefe which really prepared me.
The worse part is having to do this all over and compromise everything else in life for nearly one more year after so much we already done..but I guess that is life 😜I honestly thought I'd fail day # 2, since I was the recipient of their blasphemy mistake. I passed, but I agree there is no transparency on how to prepare for day #2. Even Mayo doesnt know. For the cost of this exam, the time spent studying for it such mistakes are unacceptable. I'll recommend watching Mayo coding sheet, ecgonline and okeefe which really prepared me.
This is my 3rd attempt. Getting a rescore is useless in the past, they just pocket the money. I finally passed this time. Day 1 will be fine as long as you do the Mayo course and all accsap question. I finally figured out day 2 after three years of taking it, coding is very simplistic, don’t over think or overcode. You see a vsd, say what type it is and move on, nothing else. ECG with wpw you say sinus and wpw and move on. Angiogram only pathology you see and nothing else. Keep it simple.Congratulations on passing. Any advice for day 1? I failed day one by a thin margin
Thank you for sharing!This is my 3rd attempt. Getting a rescore is useless in the past, they just pocket the money. I finally passed this time. Day 1 will be fine as long as you do the Mayo course and all accsap question. I finally figured out day 2 after three years of taking it, coding is very simplistic, don’t over think or overcode. You see a vsd, say what type it is and move on, nothing else. ECG with wpw you say sinus and wpw and move on. Angiogram only pathology you see and nothing else. Keep it simple.
Hi everyone! I am looking for a SP. Anyone interested?
Cardiomd75
New Member
Sent you a pm.Hi everyone! I am looking for a SP. Anyone interested?
cardio82990
New Member
Kind of surprised
They released exam pass rates for 2023. Pass rate was 86%, same as last 3 years. A little ridiculous that even with their screw ups the pass rate didn't change at all. Suspicious
They released exam pass rates for 2023. Pass rate was 86%, same as last 3 years. A little ridiculous that even with their screw ups the pass rate didn't change at all. Suspicious
Yup saw that as well. Still very low and still the same. Would imagine sth like over 90s after allKind of surprised
They released exam pass rates for 2023. Pass rate was 86%, same as last 3 years. A little ridiculous that even with their screw ups the pass rate didn't change at all. Suspicious
What resources did you study for day 2 of the cardiology boards?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you say it's overkill? It's a comprehensive review and needed for a good board review. Also, recommend using ECGSource and/or O'Keefe EKG for EKG coding practice.What board review courses are available? There is only ACCSAP and Mayo, right? Mayo seems like it's overkill. thanks!
Are there any others? Just those two? ThanksWhy do you say it's overkill? It's a comprehensive review and needed for a good board review. Also, recommend using ECGSource and/or O'Keefe EKG for EKG coding practice.
Guys,
Let's make it happen. I submitted my letter already, Please make sure you do.
www.abms.org
Thank you
Let's make it happen. I submitted my letter already, Please make sure you do.
ABMS Advisory Body on Specialty Board Development Invites Third-Party Comments | American Board of Medical Specialties
The ABMS Advisory Body on Specialty Board Development (Advisory Body), which is charged with receiving and evaluating applications for approval of new specialty boards for membership in the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), invites comments from third parties regarding...
Thank you
What percentage were you getting on a random ACCSAP block?! I am having trouble getting over 70% and starting to be worriedI honestly thought I'd fail day # 2, since I was the recipient of their blasphemy mistake. I passed, but I agree there is no transparency on how to prepare for day #2. Even Mayo doesnt know. For the cost of this exam, the time spent studying for it such mistakes are unacceptable. I'll recommend watching Mayo coding sheet, ecgonline and okeefe which really prepared me.
What is a good score on ECG source? Which is by the way a terrible resource with so many borderline findings that leads to missed points. I just use it because a lot of people did and my program paid for it.
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 432