Books for new 4th years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some good books for new 4th years who will be doing elective rotations in radiology? I've heard Helms "Fundamentals of Skeletal Radiology" is good.

Any opinions on other good basic books. I like physics and am considering reading Huda's "Review of Radiological Physics".

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

biker said:
What are some good books for new 4th years who will be doing elective rotations in radiology? I've heard Helms "Fundamentals of Skeletal Radiology" is good.

Any opinions on other good basic books. I like physics and am considering reading Huda's "Review of Radiological Physics".

Thanks!

Whoa, slow down, Michael Schumacher..... :eek:

Stick to Squires, its more than enough for a fourth year elective.

Brant and Helms fundamentals of skeletal radiology is a great book but its designed for junior Rad residents. Its too in depth for a 1 or 2 month elective, unless your elective is specifically geared toward musculoskeletal radiology.

Huda's physics is a bare bones outline review ala First Aid for Step I. Don't waste your time on that. If you really dig physics, check out Bushberg or Christiansen, though I think they are also too in depth. Principles of MRI by Mitchell is a great intro to MRI if you are so inclined, but again its more than you will ever need to know.

Stick to the basics, don't miss the forest for the trees. Good luck.

:luck:

Felson's Principles of Chest Roentgenology and Wiest's Fundamentals of Emergency Radiology.

Without question....read these...and I suggest you read them before Squire's...because honestly...do you really think you are going to finish Squire's cover to cover..... ;)

Enjoy your summer.

I too agree Felson's is a great book. Another book is Radiology Secrets, I thoroughly enjoyed it, great tidbits for those pimping questions.