Books on Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychMajorUndergrad18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well during these tough times. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books about therapy that they find helpful. So far, the only book I have on therapy is "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Basics and Beyond" by Judith Beck.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well during these tough times. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books about therapy that they find helpful. So far, the only book I have on therapy is "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Basics and Beyond" by Judith Beck.

Her book Cognitive Therapy for Challenging Problems is a really important adjunct to that one. I also highly recommend Leahy's Cognitive Therapy Techniques and Amy Wenzel's Strategic Decision Making in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Two that I'd recommend are:

1) Process-Based CBT by Hayes & Hofmann
2) Doing CBT by David F. Tolman

Protocols are great tools (when you can get folks to them and when they fit the presentation)...but you need to know how to be flexible and implement case-formulation based interventions.

Reactions: 1 users
I recommend some of the Yalom fiction books, too.

Reactions: 1 users