Books that I should buy to study for the Canadian DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! I don't know if I will get much help here or not, but I will try anyways since there are some Canadians on this board. Other than the Kalpan blue book, what other resources I should have in order to study for the DAT this upcoming summer?

Regarding the Kalpan blue study book, is there a one specifically printed for Canadian DAT? Is this the right one to buy?
http://www.kaptest.com/catalog/temp...620103&CATID=200164&disp=DAT Prep&rcid=200044

Thank you guys so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

if i have to apply again, i WILL REDO the DAT and this is what i will do:

buy the american books, do em..but skip out sections not relevant in the C-DAT.
go to your "local" dental school library and dig up the old DAT test.
practice using street chalk for the soap carving. it's pretty similar..and costs PENNIES compared to the damn soap from the CDA.

work hard,
good luck :) :luck:

Definitely study the old DAT exams that you can buy at any university book store. As well, there are DAT exam booklets specifically for the PAT section that really helped me.

As well, a few days before your exam, switch over the the expensive CDA soap to get a feel for it. If you're like me...you'll start getting all nervous during the carving section and your hands will sweat making the soap hard to hold and work with. Just be prepared for that. :)

Good luck

Hot-n-Aml