Boomer attending finally retiring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say others are greedy for doing standard fractionation it can be thrown your direction as well
It's not like we're talking about doing 30fx for bone mets or giving pembro to people on hospice here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
When you say others are greedy for doing standard fractionation it can be thrown your direction as well
It's not like we're talking about doing 30fx for bone mets or giving pembro to people on hospice here
I never implied that (extreme) and re-reading my posts without the emotional filter set to stun will reveal my point was, again, is there a conflict of interest in doing standard fractions with those who are paid by the fraction, when there are no other indications to do conventional fractionation vs moderately hypofrac (ie long term outcomes are essentially the same in GU patients with minimal AUA/prostate/other issues?)

Ya'll want to do conventional fractionation, go ahead. Its not the end of the world. But I'm just raising the question. Do I think greed may play a part of it? I do. Am I fortunate to not have to be subject to RVU production? Yes. Do I think those angrily responding are jealous? Yeah, I do think some of that is in play. If thats too hard, I retract the adverbs.. insomuch as to not implicate anyone personally. Hell, I was trying to speak on general terms not towards anyone specifically but somehow that got lost when the vitriol started to flow.

tl;dr - can we move on?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m greedy but def don’t rely on fractionation to make a difference. I’ve learned in order to be rich as a doc, one needs to have a side hustle and a side piece.

Reactions: 4 users
I think its time the moderators stepped in and ended this thread, or muted those who can't talk without middle school nonsense. I am 100.0 % certain nobody would do this kind of talk in person.

Sigh.

I think there is a good discussion to be had here about toxicity, selection, and implementation of hypofractionation vs. conventional fractionation.

I like that we can discuss some of the real world issues surrounding why people are choosing what they choose, and how some may be gaming the system either way (or not).

I wish we could have this discussion without posters resorting to personal attacks.

I tried to clean this mess up. I couldn't do it. There's too much mess.

Please post your analyses, opinions, experiences, and rebuttals without making it personal. We are all rad oncs here. Please treat others with some level of respect, even if you disagree.

Thread closed.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.