BOOSTER Practice Test Results: Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalStudent8991

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im taking my DAT in a few days and I took a full length today using Booster And these are the results I got.

BIO: 25
GC: 19
OC: 22
RC: 20
QR: 18
PAT: 16

Im really concerned about the 16 PAT that I got, usually when I take a section test I get somewhere close to 18-19 but I missed a bunch of angle ranking questions this time around which I normally do well on.

I feel like im starting to psych myself out. On my first official DAT attempt last year I got a 16 as well and if I get another 16 this time around, I feel like im setting my self up for failure for getting into a dental school. All my other sections I feel decently confident about but im not sure if I should interpret these results as a fluke or worst case push back my exam to study for PAT More

Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.10.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.10.26 PM.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 57
I am sure others will chime in, but if you are psyching yourself out, I would recommend postponing the DAT, especially because this is the 2nd time. You need to go into the DAT full of confidence, not doubt. Timed test can be used as a guide but I don't know of any that can accurately predict 100 percent of the time what you will score on the DAT Exam, in the PAT or any of the other sections. You need to step back, take a break and when you return to study the PAT or any other section, do so with a fresh mind. Maybe you can just practice some angle ranking individual problems and not be under the stress of a test environment.

Hope that makes sense, and wishing you the best.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with Nancy about going in with a fresh mind. With that being said, I wouldn't put so much emphasis on practice test scores in terms of how you'll do on the real exam but use them to see areas of weakness. With PAT, I liked re-watching the informational videos after practicing and going back and using the techniques to see which works best for me. PAT is really about strategizing which sections to do first, and eliminating blatantly incorrect answer choices. Yes, you do need to be able to distinguish hidden figures, etc but that comes with more practice.

Thank you both for the advice. I ended up pushing the test back a week to give me some more time for the PAT section. Truth be told I started to neglect studying for it and pushed all my attention on to the sciences which surely helped but I dont want to make the mistake of not being prepared when I apply, especially since I am a reapplicant

Reactions: 1 user