Bootcamp vs actual DAT BIO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mish.ali

Reaction score
Hi, my DAT is this week and I am happy with how my Bootcamp scores are EXCEPT for the Bio section. Im consistently scoring low (17-19 range) and lots of people have said bio on the real DAT is more breadth over depth... That being said did anyone see their bio scores improve significantly compared to what they were getting in Bootcamp? Any advice or experience is appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
I personally used to score 18-20 on Bootcamp's practice and got a 21 on the real DAT. The part that helped the most was to go over as much practice exams as possible to get the exposure needed as well repetition (ex. ANKI)

I hope that helps and I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm actually the opposite. I consistently scored in the high 20s on Bootcamp, but fell short specifically in biology on my DAT because it focused on the basics which Bootcamp did not review as much. Mind you I still scored within respectable limits, but not what I expected via the Bootcamp test results. I felt as though I overprepared for technical questions. Advice is to ensure you are still fresh on the simplest things, specifically in biology.

Many people find that the actual content on the DAT is easier.