Rising R2 at a well regarded academic program. I'm so bored. If I could never look at another scan in my life I'd be happy. It's just not what I thought it would be when I was a med student. In med school I loved it and got honors in it. My advisors told me I would like rads. I thought I would absolutely hate prelim year in medicine but I didn't. I dread coming to work everyday. I count down the minutes until I can go home. I miss the other parts of Medicine, the labs, the ddx, putting it all together with the history... This is not existent in rads. I consider IR because it's more clinical but I don't like the procedures. The thought of taking senior call just makes me want to cry. I'm not motivated to study rads but I would study general medicine (IM or crit care) gladly. I feel like I'm in the wrong place. That's not to say I never enjoy a case. We have excellent teachers and I have only good things to say about the program itself. So that's not the issue. I don't know if it will get better and I should ride it out or if I should get out now. I feel like I'm going to hate reading 70 scans a day as an attending with so much pressure. It sounds terrible. I probably would do anesthesia or crit care or maybe ED if I would do it over but those specialities also have problems. Thoughts? Ideas?