Boston Housing Roommate(s) Thread

Started by marspotter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

marspotter

Guru of everything
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think a similar kind of thread existed few years ago. As I'm looking for (a) roommate(s) while I'm in a program, I figured many others are in the same situation. Let's keep the format this way:

1. Gender:
2. Preferred gender of my roommates:
3. My program or school:
4. Area that I am looking for:
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in:
6. Specific needs:


I will start!

1. Gender: female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: female and/or male
3. My program or school: BU MAMS
4. Area that I am looking for: South End, Brighton, Allston, Back Bay, Brookline, Jamaica Plain, Fenway, etc.
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: July 1~August 30
6. Specific needs: A dog must be allowed. I have a Siberian Husky puppy. 😀
 
Still waiting on their admission decision, but hopefully I'll be posting on this thread soon!

In the meantime, I wanted to ask how long it took for them to get back to you about acceptance? My application was submitted last week.
 
1. Gender:
2. Preferred gender of my roommates:
3. My program or school:
4. Area that I am looking for:
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in:
6. Specific needs:

1.Male
2. Male or female
3. BU MAMS
4. No Clue
5. End of July? Whenever lease starts
6. Not much.

22 year old, asian male. Nice and considerate of other roommates. feels weird posting like this. lol I like dogs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Dont matter
3. My program or school: HCP at Harvard Extension
4. Area that I am looking for: Don't matter. i dont need to be near harvard considering classes are twice a week...
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: late August
6. Specific needs: looking for a person who is laid back, clean, and nerdy. also knowing how to play an instrument/or sing is a huge plus.
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Male or Female
3. My program or school: BU MAMS Oral Health Track
4. Area that I am looking for: Back Bay is my number one choice but really I could work with anything. The closer to the med/dental campus, the better
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: July would be best for me
6. Specific needs: nada

If you want to get to know me a little better, feel free to send me a PM
 
1. Gender:
2. Preferred gender of my roommates:
3. My program or school:
4. Area that I am looking for:
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in:
6. Specific needs:

1.Male
2. Male or female
3. BU MAMS
4. No Clue
5. End of July? Whenever lease starts
6. Not much.

22 year old, asian male. Nice and considerate of other roommates. feels weird posting like this. lol I like dogs.

I like you, 22 years old male!! 👍 and you like dogs!! 😍 Where are you currently located at? I'm thousands of miles away and I was just wondering if you are any closer to Boston at this point.
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Male or Female
3. My program or school: BU MAMS Oral Health Track
4. Area that I am looking for: Back Bay is my number one choice but really I could work with anything. The closer to the med/dental campus, the better
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: July would be best for me
6. Specific needs: nada

If you want to get to know me a little better, feel free to send me a PM

Hi Linx101, where are you located at this point?
I'm asking you and xwreckless the same question, because I wanted to see if any of you guys are closer to Boston to look for apartments. I have found couple of apartments that looked very nice, but they are 3br apartments around $2400 and the agent said landlords probably won't approve unless roommates have already been agreed upon. And I was just trying to see if any of you guys can sort of tour around for those apartments..
 
I was accepted to Tufts today and almost 100% sure I'll be going there for the Masters. Strongly considering living off campus, but all 1 bedroom or studios are wayyy too pricey for me. I'll probably be looking for a roomie or two.

1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Female
3. My program or school: Tufts Biomedical Masters
4. Area that I am looking for: Anything close to the school. I don't know my way around Boston at alllll. I'm from California..
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: End of July preferably
6. Specific needs: Be clean, preferably nerdy.
 
Hey Marspotter. I live in Baltimore but my home town is in New Jersey. I'll be spending my summer between these two places and I can very easily get to Boston.
 
I like you, 22 years old male!! 👍 and you like dogs!! 😍 Where are you currently located at? I'm thousands of miles away and I was just wondering if you are any closer to Boston at this point.

Im about three hours away from boston, I live in Queens, NY. I used to have 4 dogs at home at one point of my life!
 
Oh, just stumbled onto this thread.

Is it just me or does it happen for you guys too, that when you send private messages it doesn't acknowledge that it sent? I have no idea whether my PM's sent or not?

1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Don't care
3. My program or school: BU MAMS
4. Area that I am looking for: Southend
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Late august
6. Specific needs: Someone clean.
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Either
3. My program or school:BU MAMS
4. Area that I am looking for😛refer South End, open to anything though
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in:Sept 1-ish but am flexible
6. Specific needs: Would like someone clean and someone I can get along with. I cycle (a lot) and like running...someone active would be a huge plus.
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Either
3. My program or school: BU MAMS
4. Area that I am looking for: Prefer South End/South Boston to be close, open to anything though especially near BU main campus to be able to access gym and BU Shuttle easily
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in:Sept 1-ish but am flexible
6. Specific needs: I'm not mocking or copying the person before but this basically fits my description to a T: "Would like someone clean and someone I can get along with. I cycle (a lot) and like running...someone active would be a huge plus". I would also add that although I am very clean, that my roomates don't necessarily have to be. And also that I would rather live cheap than lavishly so I am open to splitting a crappy room with someone if they are OK with it. I am very easy, don't snore or do anything weird, and have a gf that lives an hour and a half away so I will spend many weekends away. Last but certainly not least I would love to live with someone (slash make friends with someone) who wants to study their butt off, who would rather exchange coffee for beer on weekends so they can get up early on Sundays to study, but who is low-key enough not to ramp up the anxiety level - it's high enough for everyone in our situation (also for potential roomates- I'm fairly low-stress/low-key). PM me if you want to try to coordinate looking for space together.
 
Hello all,

I am currently a student in the Harvard Ext HCP Program. My apartment has an opening for a male student beginning Sept1 (I know classes start in late August so couch surfacing in the mean time would probably be ok.) We live in Somerville in a safe neighborhood next to a park. Class is a 15-20 min walk and there is a bus stop a block away making it possible to get to Harvard in about 5 minutes. If you are interested, PM me!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Gender: female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: none
3. My program or school: BU
4. Area that I am looking for: flexible on the area
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: sometime in august
6. Specific needs: Would like someone clean/non-smoker indoors.
 
Last edited:
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Male or female
3. My program or school: Tufts Master's in Biomedical Sci.
4. Area that I am looking for: Anywhere reasonably close to the Tufts Health Sciences campus. I'm from SoCal and have never visited Boston before so I don't know where to look yet.
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: End of July/beginning of August
6. Specific needs: Be clean, considerate of others, and a non-smoker.

I'm a pretty friendly guy, if you talk to me, I'll say more than "hi."
Ask me to go eat, cause I'm always down to eat.
Not a big partier, would rather play sports or watch a movie and chill.
Pretty laid-back, I like to joke around but I'm serious about my future.

If you share some of these traits we'll probably get along well so PM me 🙂 I'm down to meet up if you're in SoCal too
 
Hello

1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: no preference
3. My program or school: HCP at Harvard Extension
4. Area that I am looking for: I need to be within walking distance to school
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Fall classes start at the end of August, so sometime before then. I'm flexible.
6. Specific needs: none

I'm a 24 year old male. I tend to be quiet around new people but once I get to know you I can be very talkative. Right now I work a lot, but in my free time I like to read, watch TV, just hang out and live life.
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Doesn't matter
3. My program or school: HES
4. Area that I am looking for: Walking distance or short bus-ride to Harvard
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: July 1st (or a week earlier if I can find housing) since I'm taking summer classes.
6. Specific needs: No cats, please- I'm allergic to them. Other than that, I'm super easygoing. I'm sociable and like to have a fun time, though partying will necessarily be at a minimum due to the intense classes we'll be taking. Plus I did more than my fair share of partying over the last 4 years 😉. I just graduated from the University of Southern California where I was on the drumline - I love music and it'd be a plus if my roommate(s) did too. Please be in touch if I sound like a good match for you.
 
1. Gender: Male, 25
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: no preference
3. My program or school: HCP at Harvard Extension
4. Area that I am looking for: Not familiar with Boston but I'd like an area either close to campus or with easy transportation to campus
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Hopefully August 1
6. Specific needs: parking.

I'm very laid back & pretty clean. I'll be working full time and taking classes at night. I'll be visiting Boston in mid-June to check out neighborhoods and apartments. With roommates I would be willing to spending $1k+ for a nice place. Of course if I can spend less than that I would certainly be interested as well. 🙂

-Ryan
 
I'm an extremely awesome roommate. Laid back, fun, extremely nerdy, I like craft beer and long distance running. We can Skype!
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone! Didn't get any love from my one waitlist so I'm looking at an SMP at tufts in the fall so I figured I'd put my name in the list!

1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: No preference I have lived with both guys and girls - just no one messy please!
3. My program or school: Tufts MBS
4. Area that I am looking for: I honestly have no idea since I'm just looking into it now that my med school hopes were dashed for the year. I'm guessing somewhere near tufts? lol
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Second week of august im guessing? Our orientation is the 18th i believe
6. Specific needs: Clean people please!!!

I'm really easy going and chill and I like to think I get along with just about everyone, fairly clean, love playing sports - bball, football, ultimate. Love watching sports.. not a HUGE partier or drinker. i guess PM me and get to know me! =D
 
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Don't care
3. My program or school: BU MAMS - Oral health track
4. Area that I am looking for: Backbay, Southend, Downtown, anything close to BU
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Late July
6. Specific needs: Someone clean, I want to get a puppy so dog loving!
 
what have people done for housing? I'm having trouble figuring out things cause I'm not from boston, don't know the area too well and don't know how to plan things out in regards to finding housing..

thanks for the advice!
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Surprise me!
3. My program or school: Boston MAMS
4. Area that I am looking for: not sure (i'm not too familiar with the area)
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: August 1-10th
6. Specific needs: I'm just looking for one or two roommates who are easy to get along with and will make good study partners. I'm cool with pets too.

Feel free to message me!
 
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: No Preferences
3. My program or school: Harvard HCP
4. Area that I am looking for: Flexible...Cambridge, Brookline, all the way to Savin Hill. It'd be great to be close to the T or within walking distance of class but open on those things as well!
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: August 15-21 time frame
6. Specific needs: Really just roommates that are easy going and fun but also could be good to study with!

Let me know if you're interested...OR maybe some of us want to find any apartment and go in on a lease together? Just an idea 🙂
 
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: No Preferences
3. My program or school: Tufts MBS
4. Area that I am looking for: Somewhere close to Tufts Medical Center
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Second week of August
6. Specific needs: None

Looking for roommates that are going to study hard, but don't mind a little partying/ fun on the side.
 
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: No Preferences
3. My program or school: Tufts MBS
4. Area that I am looking for: Somewhere close to Tufts Medical Center
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Second week of August
6. Specific needs: None

Looking for roommates that are going to study hard, but don't mind a little partying/ fun on the side.

I think you, Ashley, and myself need to consider living together. Same area we're at HES, you're at TUFTS, and female. Not that it matters, but it fits well. Studying with some fun!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Doesn't matter
3. My program or school: Harvard HCP
4. Area that I am looking for: Ideally, I'd like to live in Harvard Square, but because luxury and convenience comes with a heftier price, I'm totally down to live in Davis, Porter, Central, Inman, and Kendall Squares. I'm looking for a place with sub $1000 rent.
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: mid-late August
6. Specific needs: Hm, I'd like some roommates who know when to quiet down! But don't we all? Some facts about me: I love to cook/bake, but I'm also clean. I'm open to others having pets too. I'm a runner, lover of jazz music, and part-time shrink. I'm easygoing, friendly, and willing to have some study partners!
 
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Female
3. My program or school: BUSM
4. Area that I am looking for: South End. Anywhere within walking distance to the medical school.
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: August 1, 2011
6. Specific needs: Non-smoking, clean person.

PM me or email me at [email protected]
 
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Doesn't matter
3. My program or school: BU MAMS
4. Area that I am looking for: I'd like to live close to the med school, but I'm pretty flexible.
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Sept 1st
6. Specific needs: I have two cats that are coming with me. So if you don't mind cats, message me at [email protected].
 
1. Gender: Female
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Female
3. My program or school: Harvard HCP
4. Area that I am looking for: I actually rented a 3bed/2bath apartment that is about a 15 min to walk/3 min bus ride to the science center (where all classes are held) and am looking for a roommate to fill the third bedroom. The apt is literally down the street from campus.
5. Approximate date: Sept 1st
6. Specific needs: I am 22 years old, asian, and from Southern California. I am looking for someone who is easy-going, down-to-earth, clean, studious but fun/social to share the apartment with me, a 23 year old female MIT grad and my little puppy.
 
Last edited:
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Male or female
3. My program or school: BU MAMS
4. Area that I am looking for: Anywhere near campus but I understand that could be quite expensive. I could do anywhere thats a quick busride or T-ride away from the campus
5. Approximate date: Mid August or Sept 1st (flexible)
6. Specific needs: I am a 22 year old male from 20 minutes outside Boston. I am very easy going and pretty easy to live with. During free time (while im not burying my head in a book) i like to be pretty active (swimming, biking, running, and other forms of exercising). Im also pretty sociable so I wouldnt mind roommates who I could be friends with or go out for a beer with when/if there is any free time. Email me if your interested ([email protected]). Im in the beginning stages of looking for a place so maybe teaming up with someone might make things a little less miserable. Thanks.
 
I'm looking at a couple places near BU med campus (<1mile) that are 3 br, $700-750 in rent per room. If anyone's interested, please send me a message.
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone,
My roommates and I (4 of us total) are looking for a fifth person to fill our 5 bedroom apartment. We are all males, early 20s, 3 of us are in the BU MAMS program and the fourth is in BU MPH. The place is very nice, newly renovated and will be about $920 a month/person. If you might be interested in this, email me at [email protected] and I will send some pictures and go over some details.

Thanks
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Doesn't Matter
3. My program or school: Tufts MBS
4. Area that I am looking for: Looking at a 3BR/$2040 at Parker Hill Ave, next to the green line (literally), a ten minute to Tufts (probably even less to BU). Already have another guy, just need one more person.
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Lease starts 9/1.
6. Specific needs: Chill, laid back people, but focused on doing well (time for studying hard), not big on partying, no smoking, but still sociable 👍.
 
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: male and/or female
3. My program or school: Harvard Extension: HCP
4. Area that I am looking for: Somerville, Brighton, Cambridge, Brookline
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: ASAP lol
6. Specific needs: easy going, love being social and open, but enjoy a quiet, clean space/apt to be studious. This post-bacc is important to me. Like you all, I want Med School and to rock the MCAT. I'm in a huge transition from a PhD track to an Md. I am also an early morning, early to sleep person... (I go to the gym round 530 AM... and USUALLY asleep by 1100pm, in bed by 10pm). Wouldn't mind someone who is equally as active and healthy. Prefer no psychos, etc... lol -
 
Last edited:
1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Doesn't Matter
3. My program or school: Tufts MBS
4. Area that I am looking for: Looking at a 3BR/$2040 at Parker Hill Ave, next to the green line (literally), a ten minute to Tufts (probably even less to BU). Already have another guy, just need one more person.
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Lease starts 9/1.
6. Specific needs: Chill, laid back people, but focused on doing well (time for studying hard), not big on partying, no smoking, but still sociable 👍.

Would NOT mind you as a roommate. 👍
 
1. Gender: Feale
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: male and/or female
3. My program or school: HCP
4. Area that I am looking for: Cambridge or anywhere off of redline
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: August or September
6. Specific needs: I am a 23 year old female from California. I have already finished the HCP but I'm still planning to stay in the boston area and take a few more classes. I prefer to be in cambridge around central square but I am willing find a place in boston as well. Please message me if you are interested in finding a place with me or if you need any advice on the HCP. 🙂
 
Hi,

I'm Nick. I'm actually a rising second year at Tufts med, and have recently decided I didn't want to live in the dorms another year. I know you wrote that you preferred females, but I figured I'd shoot you a message anyway, since I'm at Tufts. I understand your feelings either way. Hope you have a great year at Tufts either way.

feel free to email me at [email protected]

Best,

Nick
 
Hi,

I'm Nick, a rising second year at Tufts School of Medicine. I decided recently I didn't want to do another year in the dorms and want to live off campus. If you're still looking for housing, shoot me at email at [email protected]. I am in the Boston area now, so it'd be easy for me to check out some places.

Best,

Nick
 
Hi,

I'm Nick, a rising second year at Tufts School of Medicine. I decided recently I didn't want to do another year in the dorms and want to live off campus. If you're still looking for housing, shoot me at email at [email protected]. I am in the Boston area now, so it'd be easy for me to check out some places.

Best,

Nick
 
Hey everyone I'm looking for one more roommate (preferably male). My friend and I will both be in the Tufts MBS program and found a nice 3 bedroom apartment in Bay Village (literally a 5 minute walk to the Tufts Med Campus).
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One room available in a 3 bed 1.5 bath in belmont. $545/month.Near cambridge, 20 min bus ride into harvard square. Available in august. One female, she's in the hcp at harvard extension. I'll be taking classes at HES this fall too.

Sorry this post isn't that informative, i'm posting on my iphone.

If you're interested then send me an email. [email protected]
 
One room available with an attached studyfor September 1st in Inman Square area. 10 minute walk from Harvard, 10-15 to Central, 2 minute walk to Inman. Rent is 430 a month. The price is so low despite the great location because the apartment is fairly worn down. The bedroom is pretty nice, though. There are 2 other male roommates (incuding myself), a large kitchen, and 1 bathroom. PM me if interested.
 
Hello, I'm wondering if someone is interested in sharing a 2BR/2Bath in Harrison Court that is directly across the street from the BU Med School.

1. Gender: Male
2. Preferred gender of my roommates: Male
3. My program or school: BU MAMS
4. Area: Harrison Court (761 Harrison Ave), $2,730/mo (You would pay $1,365 per month) and includes hot water, gas, Internet
Official Website: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/harrisoncourt/

5. Approximate date that I will be moving in: Lease starts Aug 1st.
6. Specific needs: No pets, clean person, must be a full time BU student with a program located in the medical campus (BU requirement)

Let me know if you are interested and feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Just decide to move to Boston recently. Please pm if you need a roommate. Thanks.

1. Gender:F
2. Preferred gender of my roommates-preferably F
3. My program or school:Harvard Extension
4. Area that I am looking for😛orter Square, Davis Square (Somerville area) maybe Cambridge square; needs to be walking distance to Harvard
5. Approximate date that I will be moving in:Late August/Early September
6. Specific needs: i'm not too picky. as long as the person is nice and clean, i'm cool.
 
Last edited: