Boston secondary (prerequisites)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

custard

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is driving me crazy. My school is on a quarter system which is making it impossible to accurately enter the number of semesters of some courses in the Boston secondary grid. I know that they have the little space to explain all of that, but it is still very annoying.

Then, I just realized that they require a year of O-Chem with lab. At my school the lectures are separate from the labs and the only O-Chem classes I could have taken are 3 lectures (a years worth) and 2 labs (less than a years worth). So I'm not sure what to do about my lack of a 3rd lab since there isn't one I can take. And I kinda have a similar problem with the Bio. They require a year with lab. I tested out of the first Bio+lab at my school using AP credit then I took the second Bio+lab and then two upper-level Bio classes (one had a lab). This means that I have a year worth of Bio lectures but not quite a year worth of lab. There aren't any labs in the Bio dept I can take, but I could take an upper-level lab in Microbiology but I wasn't counting on having to squeeze an extra class in before graduation so I'm not sure what to do. Should I write on the app that I plan to take this extra Bio lab or just say that since I tested out of the first Bio+lab I missed out on it. And I have no idea what to do about the O-Chem. Any ideas, anyone?

Edit: Looking at their website I just realized...maybe they don't require a year of lab for these classes... It says "Biology (1 year) with Lab". Could that mean any amount of lab?

Members don't see this ad.

They mean 1 year of lab. Be honest, say that you tested out of labs and that bio only has 2 quarters of lab. I think they're very understanding of that sort of thing.