Boston U MET program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strawberryfire

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to sound clueless asking this, but everyone who posts about BU is talking about the MA or GMS program. I just got accepted into the MET part of the school, which is plain good 'ol certificate pre-req classes but am also free to take the regular BU classes. Is anyone else thinking about going there? Does anyone have any significant info on it?? I feel like I'm missing some crucial info somewhere...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
I am currently a MET student. I went to BU undergrad, and went to MET after I graduated to attempt to do better in some classes I took undergrad for my pre-med req. It is a good program, it is really expensive however. Keep in mind you can take the same courses for 1/3 of the price at Harvard Extention School, and they will count the same. I am taking this semester at BU, because I wanted it to show on my applications that I took the same class and aced it. However, I think i'll take Extention school classes next semester to keep my transcript active.

The BU GMS program really doesnt look into too much of where you took your post-bac classes as long as you did well on them. Good luck.

Hi,
I am doing post-bac through BU's MET college right now. So far my experience with it has been quite positive. There have been a lot of people in my classes who are in similar situations: fairly recent college grads going back to do pre-med reqs as well as some older people (40s and 50s). I am not in the certificate program. I've been considering doing it but the evil weather in Boston has me planning a move to warmer climes. Plus, as someone else mentioned above, it's rather expensive and Harvard Extension is a better deal for those planning on staying in Boston.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.