Boston U Notification Method

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brutus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that we have one SDNer who's heard from BU...yayyy!...

I'm wondering if all those accepted are contacted by their interviewers or if some just have to wait for the mail?

Also, for those who got in during the first round, did they send regular or express mail?

Members don't see this ad.

I got in mid-Jan. My interviewer called me. Got the letter and other stuff regular mail a few days later. I really loved BU, but I declined the spot (UNC is in-state for me)--so good luck to everyone waiting.

I got in the first round.

I got an email from my interviewer, and then I got the actual letter the next day.

Good luck.

There is a good chance I will end up here. Unless I get into Northwestern or Mount Sinai.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I wonder if there are any interviewers that don't call or email prior to your getting the letter of acceptance???

I was wondering the same thing, brutus. Somebody, please chime in so that I can stop checking my email every 5 minutes!

When I called the Admissions Office earlier today, I was told that it is not necessary for the interviewer to call/send email... it is an individual interviewer's discretion.

Still waiting.... has anyone heard today (phone call/email/snail mail)?

Thanks.

My friend called earlier today, and they told him that "No decision has been made" and that they will be sending out mail in the next couple of days.
Is this a bad sign?

I'm beginning to wonder if the adcom just says anything!!!!

That is really weird tgifbos because the guy I talked to yesterday said they were going out as "we speak" and then that other girl got a call from her interviewer. So, something fishy is going on, and now I am just confused all over again....poop:confused:

I don't know what to tell you about whether that is good or bad for your friend, but I wouldn't assume anything.

HI G! ;)

I am really wondering what is going on with BU???!!!???

I've already called this week, so I don't want to call again, but when I called a few days ago, the woman said 1-2 weeks. Then we had some people getting notified from their interviewers, etc.

Does anyone know what is really going on? When are letters really going out or have they really gone?

Will they tell you over the phone if you are accepted if they know you are? I'm about to leave on a trip and I'm dying to know about BU before I go.

Hey, my friend just got the letter from BU and he got waitlisted. Does anyone know what are the chances of getting off the waitlist at BU?

thanks

Where does your friend live?

I've heard there is not as much movement on the BU waitlist as some others, but don't know too much about it.

Hey Guys,
Has anyone else heard anything from BU? I ahvent gotten anything in the mail or via email. I just wanted to ask to se if we know that thye are definitely sending out letters this week.

Muchos Thanks,
CT

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the BIG FAT letter. I have not gotten any calls or emails from BU. The waiting is over!! Good luck guys!

Congrats psleung!!!! :clap:

Another data point from my experience....I live in Dallas, and as of today (Friday), I have heard nothing one way or another. I have received no emails, no telephone calls, no letters.

Well I'll be. Two SDN'ers with less then five posts apiece both get in to BU in the same week. Hmmmmmm?

Don't mind me its just the jealousy raging through me right now.

I live in Boston and have been monitoring my phone, email, and mail like a hawk. Comeon already and send me a decision.

Conure,
I feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better I am sitting here at home being lame on a friday night bc I have to wake up at 6 for work tomorrow. AND Ialready put in over 40 hours this week! At least I won't have to sit at home by my mailbox all day tomorrow, but now I figure I will probably kill someone on the road as I drive home to find out if anything is in the mail...

BTW, does anyone know what the relationship is between griping about an adcom and actually being accepted? I am hoping its a direct relationship, ie since I have talked so much $hit, I should get in twice:D

And I am definitely feeling ya on the Lurkers, but who cares as long as we get in right! Congrats and welcom to SDN Lurkers!

Hey Psleung, congrats!! BTW, where are you? I'm wondering why mail takes 7x as long to get to my house compared to everyone else. I too have been checking my email and phone constantly, and my parents are getting antsy about checking the snailmail. My mail is going to the Worcester area, and nothing so far...

this wait is sucking the life outta me. harpoonfest, here i come, to drink my worries away...

Well my weekend just took a turn for the worse.

I was rejected from BU. Got the notification via snail mail. I live in Boston.

I'm sure many of you will get notification within the next few days.

Hi all,

I got the waitlist letter today and I live in MA, so looks like they are sending out all inds of letters...

Hey, thank you languo1. I live in Los Angeles, and I had the interview in early November. The acceptance letter was mailed on March 03, and I recieved it on Friday. I am sure your letter will come.

BTW. I suppose there is no direct corelation between the amount of posting and BU acceptance. ;)