Boston U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoom zoom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice on how i can get started on my boston U secondary? i really don't know where to go with this professionalism essay. any links or resources or ideas would be helpful. PM me if you don't want to share with all pre-meds in the world.. thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

zoom zoom said:
Any advice on how i can get started on my boston U secondary? i really don't know where to go with this professionalism essay. any links or resources or ideas would be helpful. PM me if you don't want to share with all pre-meds in the world.. thank you!

Do a search. Someone posted the link to the article.

Skip the essay, it's not mandatory :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Skip the essay, it's not mandatory

Bingo! I figured my essay would be the heaviest load of BS I've ever written so it wasn't even worth it.

i would be very interested to see how many ppl get interviews & acceptances without writing that "non-mandatory" essay. i guess we'll find out in the spring. i am still sitting on it as well.

Mike4284m said:
Bingo! I figured my essay would be the heaviest load of BS I've ever written so it wasn't even worth it.

That's the key. If you have a solid idea of what you want to write about, then go for it. But if you are reaching hard for ideas and are coming up short, you're probably better of skipping the essay so you don't sound like a *****.

SanDiegoSOD said:
That's the key. If you have a solid idea of what you want to write about, then go for it. But if you are reaching hard for ideas and are coming up short, you're probably better of skipping the essay so you don't sound like a *****.

I decided to sound like a *****. :)

Overeducated said:
I decided to sound like a *****. :)

Don't worry, I helped found that club. I listed it on my AMCAS :)

I read the article the quote came from and ended up writing two essays...one was just a bunch of pompus theoretical ideas about the topic, the other was a simple, easy to read story of two doctors I know and how each embody a different aspect of professionalism...but how their differences impact their patients...