Boston University Acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldream88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the acceptance via email!!!!!! :soexcited::clap::hello::claps::banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Yesssssssssss i got in

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody hear anything else from Boston? Were all the e-mails sent out early morning or are they cycling it at different hours? Was it only by e-mail or did some people get phone calls?

Anyone...

Anyone...

Bueller?

Count me in too guys!!!:thumbup::thumbup::laugh::laugh::D:)

Congrats to you guys! Is BU done handing out acceptances for pre-dec 1 interviewees? I had a great interview a while ago, but have not heard anything today.

ya, I had an interview on Nov. 21 and haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they haven't given out all their acceptances for that cycle.

Anybody hear anything else from Boston? Were all the e-mails sent out early morning or are they cycling it at different hours? Was it only by e-mail or did some people get phone calls?

Anyone...

Anyone...

Bueller?

I called em today and they didn't say much - I guess she said AADSAS will be updated as decisions are being made---sooo? What does that mean?

I called em today and they didn't say much - I guess she said AADSAS will be updated as decisions are being made---sooo? What does that mean?

Hey ninster sorry to hear that you weren't accepted yet. Hopefully you'll get in soon.

For me it was an email in the morning. AADSAS has still NOT updated (still says invited for interview). Good luck!

ya, I had an interview on Nov. 21 and haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they haven't given out all their acceptances for that cycle.
I also interviewed the Nov 21 but still haven't heard anything. I remember them telling us they might get back to us a week later than expected. Has anyone heard back who interviewed on the 21rst?

"Offer made" now on AADSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any of guys sure yet that u want to go to BU or are u waiting for some other schools to hear back from before u make a decision? As for me BU is actually pretty high on my list of where i want to go.

I also interviewed the Nov 21 but still haven't heard anything. I remember them telling us they might get back to us a week later than expected. Has anyone heard back who interviewed on the 21rst?

According to predents, LoAnne (who also interviewed on nov. 21 with us) got in on Dec. 1st...

I don't know what that means for us...

Any of guys sure yet that u want to go to BU or are u waiting for some other schools to hear back from before u make a decision? As for me BU is actually pretty high on my list of where i want to go.

Top choice by faaaaaaar...have some family in Boston and love the city.

Hey ninster sorry to hear that you weren't accepted yet. Hopefully you'll get in soon.

For me it was an email in the morning. AADSAS has still NOT updated (still says invited for interview). Good luck!

Fingers crossed Oclor! Do you think you're going to BU?

So who is living where ??? :D

sweeeeeet. congrats.

i'm waiting on NYU, and if i get accepted it'll be a pretty tough decision to make....:confused:. which would u guys choose if u had the opportunity to do so?

Fingers crossed Oclor! Do you think you're going to BU?

Yeah I think so. I loved the school and the people there. It wasn't my top choice because it's so expensive but I didn't get into the cheap ones :rolleyes:.

I'm very grateful for this opportunity though and I am now very happy cause I know I will go to a great school and I think it will be loads of fun.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

My interview was on the 24th and was accepted Dec 1st. Hopefully you'll hear from them soon :xf:

Bu is actually pretty high on my list but im just a little worried about all the stuff said on sdn about the students not having enough chairs and enough patients. What do u guys think is this true?

Bu is actually pretty high on my list but im just a little worried about all the stuff said on sdn about the students not having enough chairs and enough patients. What do u guys think is this true?

Eh, tough to say...I think the most frustrating thing is that out of 10 patients, only about 1-2 are "good". By that I mean they need a decent amount of work done in their mouths, they are reliable, on time, etc...

As far as number of chairs...lets say Im booking 8 appointments for a given week. I generally get my top 4 choices without any problems with the faculty of my choice. I generally get my next 2 appointments at the time of my choice, but I get a faculty that isnt my ideal choice (not that this is a problem at all though). The last 2 appointments, Im basically taking what the school has left to offer. In other words, there are plenty enough chairs to see patients...if you need to see a patient, there will be a chair that is available.

As far as patients...that can be a problem or not. For instance, you might have 8 patients total that cover all your needs to graduate. Or, you might have 30 patients, but struggle to get some of the necessary requirements. Its a complete toss up and what patients you get really determine your clinical experience. Now, if I need crown work or scaling/root planing or whatever, I put in a request for that type of patient. I have more patients than I can handle right now, but Im struggling to find scaling/root planing patients...and really putting in more requests for those types of patients only makes my schedule that much more hectic because I have enough to deal with in regards to the patients that are already on my list.

In other words, I dont think BU has the smoothest run clinic...it can be frustrating at times, very frustrating, but its nothing that really hinders your development as a dentist. Its just additional hoops you have to jump through to get to where you need to be. And some luck is always needed.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted and to those that eventually join the class of 2013. I'd say that the next 4 years will almost be as close to hell as you can get, haha. Actually, the first 3...4th year can still be brutal, just not as bad, relatively speaking. :D

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted and to those that eventually join the class of 2013. I'd say that the next 4 years will almost be as close to hell as you can get, haha. Actually, the first 3...4th year can still be brutal, just not as bad, relatively speaking. :D

OH man don't scare me this early in the game!