Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Are we supposed to take casper in order to be considered for an interview? Or is that for after the interview?
According to their "Application complete" email:
"Altus Suite CASPer is required for applicants who are selected to interview and recommended for all applicants"

Members don't see this ad.

You're required to take CASPR only if you're invited to interview
Wait I got invited to interview on Friday and I had my CASPR test set on 9/23. I totally wasn't ready for them to suggest 9/7 as an interview date - do you think it's ok if I take the exam after my interview? It's a little too late to take it before the interview now :'(

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview 2
School: BU
Notification date: 9/2
Method of notification: email
Residency: OS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Application complete date: 7/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20, yes (PAT, QR (16))
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/4
Method of interview: Virtual
Congratulations!! How was the interview?

Are we supposed to take casper in order to be considered for an interview? Or is that for after the interview?
No they’ll email you if they want an interview then you have to take CASper. It’s not required before you get an interview

I had my interview yesterday, and it went really well! My interviewer said we can take CASPR after :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 9/9
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/19/29/No
Dates available OR your interview date: TBD

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 9/10
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7
Application complete date: 7/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/19/18/30/No

Last edited:
Interview #2
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: 7/1
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.3, 3.4, 3.65)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (21/20/19/26)

Last edited:
Interview #2
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.73 3.74, 3.97)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (20/19/25/20/no)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
just had my interview, it went really well - super conversational. Does anyone know what % of people they interview they eventually accept?

just had my interview, it went really well - super conversational. Does anyone know what % of people they interview they eventually accept?
Congrats on the interview. The only info I know regarding that, is from the Excel sheet I got off of DATBooster (posted on page 1 of this thread). According to that, it is ~77% for IS (don't know how accurate that is tho)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview. The only info I know regarding that, is from the Excel sheet I got off of DATBooster (posted on page 1 of this thread). According to that, it is ~77% for IS (don't know how accurate that is tho)
Ahh okay great to know! I wonder how accurate that it is. Thanks though!
Also more broad question but i understand how an interview can go bad, but how do you know if it goes well?

Ahh okay great to know! I wonder how accurate that it is. Thanks though!
Also more broad question but i understand how an interview can go bad, but how do you know if it goes well?
you don't

Hi, have applicants started getting rejection letter from BU as yet?

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/24
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/22/23/No
Dates available: they will email a date
Method of interview: virtual

Has anyone heard about their retention rate? I’m hearing mixed things

how was the Casper test for the ones who have taken it already? I completed my interview but there was no information about Casper...
Debating which date I should sign up for the test. Not sure if i should wait until after or before Dec 1. when they send out acceptances.

how was the Casper test for the ones who have taken it already? I completed my interview but there was no information about Casper...
Debating which date I should sign up for the test. Not sure if i should wait until after or before Dec 1. when they send out acceptances.
Do you mind sharing your stats, just so I have an idea of where I stand

I was placed on the alternate list last cycle. Came to find out that if you choose to be in the alternate list then you loose the chance to be interviewed the following cylce because they do not interview applicants who were on the previous year’s Alternate List. So if BU is your top choice and you are asked if you want to be placed in the alternative list I would give it a serious thought. You could get in if someone drops out but you will loose your chance to interview the next cycle.

I was placed on the alternate list last cycle. Came to find out that if you choose to be in the alternate list then you loose the chance to be interviewed the following cylce because they do not interview applicants who were on the previous year’s Alternate List. So if BU is your top choice and you are asked if you want to be placed in the alternative list I would give it a serious thought. You could get in if someone drops out but you will loose your chance to interview the next cycle.
Hey, that is not correct. I was placed in the BU's Alternate List last cycle and I have an interview tomorrow with them Oct 14 10 am.

Hey, that is not correct. I was placed in the BU's Alternate List last cycle and I have an interview tomorrow with them Oct 14 10 am.

alternative list.png

This is the email that I got from admissions a few days ago. I was very disappointed since I really wanted to attend this school. Did you remain in the alternative list even after they email you asking if you wish to remain in the alternative list once the class is full and that if anyone drops you will be the next person to take their seat?

View attachment 344529
This is the email that I got from admissions a few days ago. I was very disappointed since I really wanted to attend this school. Did you remain in the alternative list even after they email you asking if you wish to remain in the alternative list once the class is full and that if anyone drops you will be the next person to take their seat?
I got Waitlisted last cycle and never hear from them when July 26th is official day when everyone matriculates here.

oh ,that is probably why you got an interview. From what you are saying it makes me think that they have two different wait lists. So I was waitlisted as well but then they sent me another email asking me that if i wish continue to be considered that I would have to email them every two weeks to demonstrate my continued interest in attending the school so that if a seat became available I would be the one to take it up. I emailed the Admissions manager for an explanation and I attached a screen shot of his explanation. So for anyone who is asked this cycle if they want to be placed on the alternative list in which they have to email them every 2 weeks. I would really think about it since you will lose your ability to interview the next cycle incase you don't get in. This was just my experience and just want to warn others that might get into the same situation I was last year.
list 2 -10-13 at 12.48.05 PM.png

So anyone received an invitation email today?
Are they still sending emails?

*UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS POSTS*
Okay so this applies to those who get in the waitlist in which you have to email every 2 weeks to take up a seat incase someone drops out.
If you were in the alternative list but did not get a seat and you reapply for the next cycle you will not be given an interview but you will still be on selection pool for that cycle. So even tho you aren't given an interview, you are still going to be considered and possibly given a seat for this year. In the words from a professor from BU "if you are lucky" you will be chosen. So it's not a guarantee that people who where in the alternative list last cycle will be chosen and given a seat.

it was reported officially on my AADSAS decision status. It changed from invited to interview to Wait Listed
Do u know if they post it on CAAPID as well, I'm an international student
*UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS POSTS*
Okay so this applies to those who get in the waitlist in which you have to email every 2 weeks to take up a seat incase someone drops out.
If you were in the alternative list but did not get a seat and you reapply for the next cycle you will not be given an interview but you will still be on selection pool for that cycle. So even tho you aren't given an interview, you are still going to be considered and possibly given a seat for this year. In the words from a professor from BU "if you are lucky" you will be chosen. So it's not a guarantee that people who where in the alternative list last cycle will be chosen and given a seat.
May I ask how do we know of we've been placed in a waiting or alternative list? Can I check that through my CAAPID application? Or they will send me an email regarding that?

Do u know if they post it on CAAPID as well, I'm an international student

May I ask how do we know of we've been placed in a waiting or alternative list? Can I check that through my CAAPID application? Or they will send me an email regarding that?
you will be emailed by admissions committee telling you that you will not be interviewed because you were in last years alternative list. I posted a screenshot of the email I received from them a few weeks ago. This only applies if you applied last year and were placed in the alternative list and you did not get a seat.

Students not returning after 1st year. I’ve been hearing they kicked out a bunch of students last year for failing a course.
Update***

spoke to one of the BU master bridge program students from last year (didn’t want interview to be awkward) and they did dismiss a quarter of the D1 class and there is always a few students who have to repeat the year.

Update***

spoke to one of the BU master bridge program students from last year (didn’t want interview to be awkward) and they did dismiss a quarter of the D1 class and there is always a few students who have to repeat the year.
Thats crazy. Do you know what happened to those students that get dismissed? do they have to reapply to another dental school?

Thats crazy. Do you know what happened to those students that get dismissed? do they have to reapply to another dental school?
I think so but I’m not sure I just know they were dismissed from the program.

Interview #6
Notification date: 10/22/2021
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/21/none

Interview #2
Notification date: 11/4
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/13
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.77, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/22/23/No
Method of interview: virtual

Wishing everyone amazing luck : )

Interview #9
School: Boston University
Notification date: 11/4
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/22/24/No
Dates available: Only given my date.
Method of interview: Zoom

anyone take the Snapshot part of CASPer or is it not required?

Hi! Does anyone know if BU is done sending out their pre-december interviews?