Boston University GSDM Scholarship QA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1064378

Hi! Does anyone know more about what kind of applicant receives scholarships at Boston University GSDM? I like the school, but it's pretty pricey.

Background info:

I plan on submitting my application by the end of August because I'll have acquired 100 shadowing hours by then.
Lots of volunteering and worked as a research assistant for a while (no publications). I have my EMT license.
Double-majored in MCB & Psych.
I worked as a Physics TA in undergrad.
I also had an internship for a healthcare software company (Worked here for a year before COVID. Company had to make some cuts and I suffered the consequence).
3/4 letters of rec confirmed (just need 1 from a dentist still).
I'm a GA resident.
I'm in the process of getting my dental assisting license and just took my DAT.

22 DAT (23 BIO, 21 OC, 22 GC, 19 PAT, 25 RC, 19 QR)

Undergrad GPA
cGPA = 3.33
sGPA = 3.14

Grad GPA (Masters in Biomedical Sci) = 3.91

Members don't see this ad.

Nice master's gpa and good dat scores:).
That said, unfortunately no one can tell you what the exact cutoffs are for receiving scholarship from them as no one here is from their admissions committee. I received a merit based scholarship and im pretty certain it was from my DAT. What you like/know about BU?

That said, unfortunately no one can tell you what the exact cutoffs are for receiving scholarship from them as no one here is from their admissions committee. I received a merit based scholarship and im pretty certain it was from my DAT. What you like/know about BU?
Thank you! And ohh, awesome. You killed your DAT so that makes sense. :)
I like that it's in Boston, the exam schedule structure (weekly, from my understanding) and the push for digital dentistry and technological advancement. I think that's the direction dentistry is going as a whole, so I'd love to be a part of that. Did you end up choosing BU? Do you have any more info on it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would contact the school. Some schools only give scholarships based off of uGPA and/or DAT.
Realistically, your stats (DAT and uGPA) are probably not high enough for a scholarship. I don't think schools give scholarships just based off your masters GPA just because there are many students who do well. They would probably factor in your DAT score but you would need something along the lines of 24AA+

Reactions: 1 user
I would contact the school. Some schools only give scholarships based off of uGPA and/or DAT.
Realistically, your stats (DAT and uGPA) are probably not high enough for a scholarship. I don't think schools give scholarships just based off your masters GPA just because there are many students who do well. They would probably factor in your DAT score but you would need something along the lines of 24AA+
unfortunate but makes sense :meh: thank you!

I wouldn’t entirely say this. A good friend of mines got a large scholarship from here

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
when were you notified of your award?