Boston Waitlist..............

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi pinkpeanuts,
Where can i find the list? I have NO IDEA as to the selection criteria. I THOUGHT maybe they were based on the scores and gpa. I guess i'm wrong.

Have a great weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I got a E-mail from BU stating i got accepted on friday, eventhough I informed them previously that i am withdrawing my application. I am informing them tomorrow about my withdrawl again and i wish everyone all the best for your admissions at BU and other places.
Have a nice day

Indiandentist :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey Indian dentist,
maybe someone gets lucky after you withdraw...
I am praying...
Take care

Members don't see this ad :)
pinktooth said:
Hey Indian dentist,
maybe someone gets lucky after you withdraw...
I am praying...
Take care
congrats Indian dentist!
I guess pinktooth and me are the only two waiting for a letter saying we are on alternate list.
does anyone know when is the last day for depositing tution fees for those admitted in BU..in other words when do we know about vacant seat if it all at BU??
All the best
pooja

pooja and pinktooth

there are people who have got into BU even at the last minute before classes started. the best thing might be to call and ask them what the status of ur application is and at least know whether they are waiting coz they want u- personally i feel that u both are v good candidates and they are just biding time for someone to retract and take u guys!! hope thats true!

all the best :luck:

Hi guys,
i think tooth mail is right as i even heard people get in to BU even before oneday of the start of the program. So keep ur hopes alive and i think u guys will be fine. I wish you all the best and Take care. Today i am going to call them and let them know that i am withdrawing my application.
Have a nice day.
indiandentist :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi Pooja,
I had looked it up the first thing!!The last date is 29th july for the class starting 2004 august..
I am getting really frustrated in life here...don't even have a place to stay..
:(

Hey pinktooth,
Don't give up hope. I'm sure everything will turn out fine. :thumbup:

Hey Pinktooth,
Dont worry ...everything will turn out good..its just a matter of time..
I was pretty sure I would get into B U this year with good part 1 score n gpa..a masters degree two years of experience n having lived in boston...
And everyday after december has been a long waiting...
making those calls to nicole to catch her n not the answering machine, checking mailbox as soon as mail arrives...n calculating how many seats are full n how many are vacant still??
I know you would be feeling same...as I said its a matter of time...best thing is to keep trying...n trying.. :thumbup:
I still have hope...you never know but incase one doesnt get accepted this year; you should have a back up plan...like alternate school or apply next year with better scores!
So cheer up!!
Also what happened to ur living place?
Pooja

pinktooth said:
Hi Pooja,
I had looked it up the first thing!!The last date is 29th july for the class starting 2004 august..
I am getting really frustrated in life here...don't even have a place to stay..
:(

don't worry pinktooth. it will all work out. u don't have to sweat it out like me....u have an amazing score.

r u in bangalore....u can call me if u r

send a pm

thanks

lasjy

hEY pinktooth,
Don't worry....this too shall pass."As darker goes the sun, closer to the sunshine we are".....my prayers are always with you.Take care.Good luck!

poojagulaya said:
I was pretty sure I would get into B U this year with good part 1 score n gpa..a masters degree two years of experience n having lived in boston...
Hi pooja
I'm really wondering why it took BU such a long time to accept u with so many qualifications... :confused: did u apply late....??Hope u hear a positive reply from them soon :luck:
Hey Pinktooth
Don't worry buddy....ya I know it's easy said than done.....all we can do is wait n pray..!I really wonder why it's taking so long for BU to respond......might be they want to take u guys,but they don't 've vacancy n they r in dilemma i guess....who wants to loose potential ppl like u.Hope n pray that even u hear a positive response from them soon.Take care :luck:

hi all,

i called BU today. Nicole said that no decisions have been taken about the waitlist. anybody heard anything different?

sanju

Members don't see this ad :)
i havent called boston yet. will do in a couple of days. but i guess i will also get the same answer. do u have any idea till whn do the students have to pay the tuition?

hey Ann 03 ,
applicants have to pay by end of july...which means waiting can be as long as two n half months as from now...
but we all have waited so long i guess few more months wouldnt make a difference!
all the best
pooja

guys i called bu yesterday . talked to nicole. she said we might come know latest by mid jun only . no chance b4 tht. by tht time they will come to know whether people r going to defer due to financial problems or other reasons. i am quite sure she said mid jun. i hope its true. did any of u ask how many people are in the waitlist? i forgot to. next time whn i call i will.
nicole also said tht the admission process has been stopped for now. i think they have no vacancies now. they must be just waiting for people to withdraw.

pooja r u joining nyu or still waiting? whn dothe classes start in nyu?
pink tooth wht abt u?did u get anything?

Ann 03 said:
guys i called bu yesterday . talked to nicole. she said we might come know latest by mid jun only . no chance b4 tht. by tht time they will come to know whether people r going to defer due to financial problems or other reasons. i am quite sure she said mid jun. i hope its true. did any of u ask how many people are in the waitlist? i forgot to. next time whn i call i will.
nicole also said tht the admission process has been stopped for now. i think they no vacancies now. they must be just waiting for people to withdraw.

pooja r u joining nyu or still waiting? whn dothe classes start in nyu?
pink tooth wht abt u?did u get anything?

Hi Ann 03,

I think there should be atleast 15 applicants on alternate list...
I am going ahead with process of NYU...not very hopeful about BU...
But IF IT HAPPENS NOTHING LIKE THAT!! :laugh:
pinktooth what r u planning to do?

BEST OF LUCK
POOJA

Hey Pooja,
Waiting for BU and mentally preparing myself to reapply..
when is the last date of fees in NYU?

pinktooth said:
Hey Pooja,
Waiting for BU and mentally preparing myself to reapply..
when is the last date of fees in NYU?
Hi,
Pinktooth,
I think its some time in july...
and by that time I am sure we all will know from BU...
what r ur plans? r u in U.S?
take care
pooja

Hi Pooja,
No I am not in the US right now.I was on a visitor visa and so could not stay more than 6 months.
Are you on a dependent visa?then you must not have any visa formalities for admission.
take care

hey pinktooth,
as i understand u and i have graduated from the same batch. have u got ur degree certificate from MAHE u. when u applied to BU did they ask for a degree certificate or did ur PDC suffice? i am still waiting for mine. since i'm giving my part 1 exam again i'm planning to send my degree certificate along woth my new part 1 scores when i reapply for BU this time. i was told by Dr. Ashayeri that i have to just re-activate my application and i don't have to send all those reco letters, ECE report etc. when i reapply. :)

i have also started workingin a clinic. i was wondering if i have to send some work experience letter from this clinic along with my application this time. during my telephonic interview i was asked by Dr. Ashayeri whether i was working and i said no reason being i didn't have a job.
i wonder whether it is of any significane anyway. some people tell me that they value work experience but some others say that letters from India don't count because their aunthencity is doubted. :confused:

lasjy

Dear Lasjy,
I received my degree certificate within a week of my internship completion ie last oct.
I had submitted my degree certificate in the application package to BU so I am not sure regarding a PDC.I would suggest that you send the copy of degree certificate only if you have it.
When I was interviewed at Bu I had no work ex since I had left for US right after my internship and we cannot work in US with a tourist visa.
And I told that to Ashayeri.
I honestly believe that your NDBE score is the most imp at BU and work ex is just a secondary requirement.I suggest you work hard and get an excellent score.
All the best
:thumbup:

Thanks a lot pinktooth

hey guys,
i with drew my application from boston since i got admitted at udm.so one of u guys we will be hearing from them pretty soon. all the best guys :thumbup:

vajra bentur said:
hey guys,
i with drew my application from boston since i got admitted at udm.so one of u guys we will be hearing from them pretty soon. all the best guys :thumbup:

Hey vajra bentur,
This might really be good news for few of us desparately waiting to get into BU...
can you tell me when did you withdraw ur application?
Coz I met up with Dr. Ashayeri yesterday and she didnt mention anything about a vacancy coz of withdrawn application.
Best of luck at udm...
Pooja :)

Hi Pooja,

What did Ashayeri say? Did she tell you anything about how it works--"the waiting list"? Do you know how many students have been placed in the waiting list?

vajra bentur said:
hey guys,

whats UDM? detroit mercy? thats space-based isnt it? congrats vajra bentur! :thumbup:

blr said:
Hi Pooja,

What did Ashayeri say? Did she tell you anything about how it works--"the waiting list"? Do you know how many students have been placed in the waiting list?
hey blr,
She said this year they have given abround 20 seats to applicants sho were from last year...I didnt ask her about how do they select the applicants from waiting list..she said the class average is 90%...n many students applied this year compared to last year with over 90%...
as of now there are no deferrals...but they would let us know all those in waiting list in case of vacancy...
hope that answers ur questions...
pooja

Thanks pooja. That was helpful. I just hope this waiting game ends soon.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!

My God!! one third of the seats were already filled... :eek:

yeah pinktooth,
some of the students were saying tht even during the interview.
now pooja confirmed it.
lets see if one of us gets lucky. whts the fee structure like in case western?
is it a state school? i have heard the area is not tht good.how did u find it?

vajra bentur said:
hey guys,

CONGRATS! :hardy:
where is udm?...Pls do share ur experience & the fees struture there.....

Hi Ann,
I found the university very beautiful ,very scenic.Maybe cleveland is not as hep as Boston...

I'll find out more... :luck:

hey pinktooth,
when do classes begin at CWRU and what is the last date of payment of fees ??? are u still going to wait for BU results ??? :confused:

lasjy

Hi lasjy,
I am sorry if I confused you..Actually what I meant was that I am anticipating and waiting mentally for BU.
The session at CWRU begins from the 28th of july.
Can some one please tell when is the session at BU beginning..I think its 2nd August..Correct me if I am wrong..

pinktooth said:
Hi lasjy,
I am sorry if I confused you..Actually what I meant was that I am anticipating and waiting mentally for BU.
The session at CWRU begins from the 28th of july.
Can some one please tell when is the session at BU beginning..I think its 2nd August..Correct me if I am wrong..

hey pink tooth,
has CWRU issued you an I20. if so and if classes begin july end when r u going to go for the F1 visa for students??? have u booked ur date at the consulate yet because i heard in chennai its full till july 1st week. :confused:

lasjy

No Lasjy they are still processing the documents :luck:

hi all

I was just going through th BU folder that they had given during the interview. IN that the fee schedule shows that 1st July is the last date for paying the 1st fee installment and failure to do so would mean forsaking ones seat. so i think we should hear from them by mid or 3rd week of july. anyone of you called BU?

sanju

well sanju frm the other posts by people who have gotten into bu ,i gather tht they have time till the end of july for the first instalment. but nicole told me 3-4 weeks earlier tht by mid jun they will come to know abt the financial positions of the students and thn they would let us know if thr are any vacancies and we r selected for tht.
frm previous experience with bu :D , mid jun might as well be july end :smuggrin:

Hi Pooja,
You had written in your previous post that you visited Dr.Ashayeri.Are you in Boston and are you still in touch with her?
take care

hi Ann03,

How are u doing? Sorry for replying late. I called up BU a few days bck. Just wanted to inform Nicole about the change in my address. She said that they had sent out the payment details to teh candidates this week and had given them a time frame of 2-3 weeks to pay the 1st installment. So i think the earliest we should hear fom them is mid-july. what do you think?

sanju

Hi pooja are you in Boston?

Hi Folks,
I received an email from Nicole and Dr. Nargess ashayeri today that I have been accepted for the class of 2006 :luck:

CONGRATULATIONS pink tooth :clap: :clap:

sree.

pinktooth said:
Hi Folks,
I received an email from Nicole and Dr. Nargess ashayeri today that I have been accepted for the class of 2006 :luck:
Hey pinktooth,
thats a wonderful news...gosh I know you have been waiting since a long time for BU...
Congrats...
and all the best
pooja

Hey pinktooth,

CONGRATS!! and good luck!

hi pinktooth,

CONGRATULATIONS!! the wait really paid of. all the very best to you for the future. do keep writing on sdn. when do you plan to come to the US?

sanju

CONGRATS PINKTOOTH!!!!!! great news!!!!!!!!!!! good luck at BU! :luck:

Thanks a lot Pooja,Sanju,Toothmail,blr and sree.
I would seriously recommend all of those waiting for BU to keep calling them...
'coz thats what I did and even kind of irritated them.. ;)