Boston's Harrison Court anybody...?

Started by etikit
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

etikit

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I won't have a car out in Boston, and I will be living at Harrison Court in the South End. I'm trying to figure out how to furnish our quaint apartment out there but can't find a good solution. Can anybody offer one?

I was planning on ordering all the stuff online (desk, linens, chair, tables, nightstands, etc)...maybe off of like target.com or something, but I have heard it is tough to get stuff delivered to this building as there is a security card swipe for the door.

Also, I have heard there are not any large stores around there where I may be able to get all this stuff and have it delivered.

If anybody has a suggestion of what they did, or if my facts above are incorrect, or wants to share what they are going to do....help a brother out.

Thanks.
 
etikit said:
So I won't have a car out in Boston, and I will be living at Harrison Court in the South End. I'm trying to figure out how to furnish our quaint apartment out there but can't find a good solution. Can anybody offer one?

I was planning on ordering all the stuff online (desk, linens, chair, tables, nightstands, etc)...maybe off of like target.com or something, but I have heard it is tough to get stuff delivered to this building as there is a security card swipe for the door.

Also, I have heard there are not any large stores around there where I may be able to get all this stuff and have it delivered.

If anybody has a suggestion of what they did, or if my facts above are incorrect, or wants to share what they are going to do....help a brother out.

Thanks.


Hey there, I'm getting my stuff from Ikea. I'm gonna rent a car for a day and go out to Stoughton (~30 min away) to get my stuff. Then, they will deliver all my stuff up to the apt for about $100. I was told this is much cheaper than ordering online. Ikea might be a good option for you.

See ya at orientation!
 
cool...me and my roomate were still throwing around that idea. thanks for the input.