Boston's Harrison Court anybody...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

etikit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I won't have a car out in Boston, and I will be living at Harrison Court in the South End. I'm trying to figure out how to furnish our quaint apartment out there but can't find a good solution. Can anybody offer one?

I was planning on ordering all the stuff online (desk, linens, chair, tables, nightstands, etc)...maybe off of like target.com or something, but I have heard it is tough to get stuff delivered to this building as there is a security card swipe for the door.

Also, I have heard there are not any large stores around there where I may be able to get all this stuff and have it delivered.

If anybody has a suggestion of what they did, or if my facts above are incorrect, or wants to share what they are going to do....help a brother out.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

etikit said:
So I won't have a car out in Boston, and I will be living at Harrison Court in the South End. I'm trying to figure out how to furnish our quaint apartment out there but can't find a good solution. Can anybody offer one?

I was planning on ordering all the stuff online (desk, linens, chair, tables, nightstands, etc)...maybe off of like target.com or something, but I have heard it is tough to get stuff delivered to this building as there is a security card swipe for the door.

Also, I have heard there are not any large stores around there where I may be able to get all this stuff and have it delivered.

If anybody has a suggestion of what they did, or if my facts above are incorrect, or wants to share what they are going to do....help a brother out.

Thanks.

Hey there, I'm getting my stuff from Ikea. I'm gonna rent a car for a day and go out to Stoughton (~30 min away) to get my stuff. Then, they will deliver all my stuff up to the apt for about $100. I was told this is much cheaper than ordering online. Ikea might be a good option for you.

See ya at orientation!

cool...me and my roomate were still throwing around that idea. thanks for the input.