botched surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kduarte1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im just curious I have a close family member whose considering plastic surgery. Shes thinking about a face lift. Shes reluctant because of all the botched surgery pics all over the internet. How do those happen. Is it surgeons fault or patients. Is it a completely random event??

Members don't see this ad.

Im just curious I have a close family member whose considering plastic surgery. Shes thinking about a face lift. Shes reluctant because of all the botched surgery pics all over the internet. How do those happen. Is it surgeons fault or patients. Is it a completely random event??

Complications happen, but thankfully not that often or people wouldn't want surgery. The complications for facelift include hematoma (more common in males), seroma, skin flap loss, nerve injury (usually buccal branch), etc. The rate for these range from around 1 to 5% depending on the patient. If you smoke, have high blood pressure, are diabetic, your risk will be increased.

That being said, I firmly believe that your complication rate will go up if you go to one of those "life-style" lift places, or get it done by a dentist who may have minimal training. Not every face is the same and not all facelift procedures are equal. One person may just need a neck lift with a MACS, another might need a midface lift, another might need a traditional SMAS plication. To get an optimal result, they might need a bleph as well as other procedures.

See someone who does this for a living and can provide a good analysis and can discuss the options. All some have is a hammer, and not everyone is a nail.

Complications happen, but thankfully not that often or people wouldn't want surgery. The complications for facelift include hematoma (more common in males), seroma, skin flap loss, nerve injury (usually buccal branch), etc. The rate for these range from around 1 to 5% depending on the patient. If you smoke, have high blood pressure, are diabetic, your risk will be increased.

That being said, I firmly believe that your complication rate will go up if you go to one of those "life-style" lift places, or get it done by a dentist who may have minimal training. Not every face is the same and not all facelift procedures are equal. One person may just need a neck lift with a MACS, another might need a midface lift, another might need a traditional SMAS plication. To get an optimal result, they might need a bleph as well as other procedures.

See someone who does this for a living and can provide a good analysis and can discuss the options. All some have is a hammer, and not everyone is a nail.

What do you mean by dentist doing facelift

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.