bpcm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

it.

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if psychobiology courses should be taken into account in calculating the bpcm gpa. It's obvious there is a large biology component to these courses given just their name, but at my school, psychobiology is listed under the psychology department. ???

Members don't see this ad.

it. said:
I'm wondering if psychobiology courses should be taken into account in calculating the bpcm gpa. It's obvious there is a large biology component to these courses given just their name, but at my school, psychobiology is listed under the psychology department. ???

Nope. AMCAS will stick it under the non-bpcm category.

:) I just contacted AMCAS myself with a very similar question and they gave the exact example that you have just given yourself. Said that it would be infact considered as part as your BCPM grade. So add it.

Members don't see this ad :)
USArmyDoc said:
:) I just contacted AMCAS myself with a very similar question and they gave the exact example that you have just given yourself. Said that it would be infact considered as part as your BCPM grade. So add it.
That's good to know. Actually, at my school this course is listed under the Psychology Department as PSY435, but under the Biology Department it is listed as BIO435....exact same course, same time slot, taught by same instructor.

My psychobiology courses counted as BCMP - they were taught by the psychology department but you could clearly tell they were science course, like "Neuropharmacology."